please advise on phone script to approach people in pre-foreclosure to do short

After finding people who have received a notice of default, I want to contact them by phone to see if they are interested in getting the property off their hands via a short sale. Please advise me on a script that you all use when contacting homeowners by phone. How do you start off the conversation so as to least offend? What did you say? Please advise. :slight_smile:

The psychology of foreclosure is a very interesting area … just think about the fact that you are about to lose what is considered as the American Dream and what most people spend their lives obtaining. Now picture someone calling with a script to help them “handle their financial issues” … it is an even bigger blow to ones ego. I doubt that you would get a good response. That is speaking from my studies perspective so I could be wrong …

Try the subtle art of empathy and understanding if you are going to try a script. Ask a woman to write it for you and have them put themselves in the same situation. What would you want to hear from someone in that situation. Remember that most people think that the issue will go away and hence will put their proverbial head in the sand. It is a psychological game so do some research …

A much better approach is to send a HAND WRITTEN (not massed produced) letter to them introducing you and what your company does. DO NOT SAY that you want their property IN ANY WAY. Too many people send these letters and they go straight into the rubbish. Next follow up with a PERSONAL VISIT … no phone calls. It is easier to hang up on a phone call than it is to slam the door – although the latter WILL HAPPEN more often than not. Then follow up with a POSTCARD with something key on the front – something that they will sub-conciously align with (and you will know this from the personal visit - check around the yard and see what is important to them and identify with that – it is called a “psychological anchor” and is very strong).

That is the sort of game plan you need. It will separate you from those who use scripts and do mass emailings from a foreclosure list …

Hope that helps :slight_smile: