pick up truck bed buy houses billboard advertising

just thought i’d run my idea past all on the forum for input … thanks in advance

i have a 2004 chevy silverado .

i cut two 4ft by 4 ft pieces of 5/8 plywood into the shape of a house .
i was going to mount one of these on the top of each bed rail .
it will have mounting brackets that mount to the inside of the bed . they would be easy to remove if i needed to take them off for any reason . i think they will be big enough to grab alot of attention. i was thinking of painting them yellow but i dont know , any ideas ? btw i have a blue truck… i just want them to be nice looking and not look like some kinda after though…

another question for everyone … my cell number on the sign ?
or a number to 24 recored message?

i am going to be starting other advertising as well and the only thing i worry about is getting calls when i am working . i recently ran a newspaper ad ( fixxer upper for sale cheap ) to build a buyers list . and i was getting alot of calls . even for a week and a half after the ad was over …
so my work got interupted alot talking to people when i was remodeling a house for a customer.

…so what do you guys think…

I use

http://www.myrealtydata.com/Editor/assets/u1001/trailer.jpg

LOL “As seen on TV”?

I run a 30 minute infomercial and various 30 and 60 second commercials… If you want to see one http://www.ibuyhouses-inc.com/m.wmv

TV is a great source for seller leads… And the infomercials are extremely inexpensive to air.

If you are willing to spend the money to set it up, I don’t see why you shouldn’t try it. Just make sure you don’t grab so much attention to the point where people stop focusing on the road :biggrin.

In regards to the phone number, I would send them to your record message. Since you may get some complaints for this form of advertising, at least you don’t have to deal with it on an answering machine.

I once ordered Pizza from a recorded message answering system…

That’s a fabulous commercial, Michael!!!..I’m saying that from the standpoint of a consumer, not as a competitor…

Curious though…Is the term “ugly houses” trademarked?..Just wondering if every time I see that phrase if it’s coming from the same company…

That’s one of the best ideas I’ve ever heard of…totally unique!!..But to do it right, you need to shingle the roof and put in a small window in the back of the house (though that will take away some of the advertising space)…If I saw that coming down the road I’d be very impressed and wouldn’t forget it…It should also be quite the conversation piece also, to give you tons of word of mouth advertising…

yes it is my Federal Trademark… I Buy Houses, Ugly Ones Too!