Phone mentoring

How do I find a mentor for beginning real estate investor? Thanks, Mike

For only $1,000,000, I will mentor you for 10 minutes. I don’t know a lot, but after you pay, you can say that you were mentored by someone who has made 7 figures by mentoring others. A true honor.

Oh, I will give you a free satellite dish from Dish Network and a 3 night vacation to a timeshare in Mexico.

;D

Ok, sorry I asked. Can’t hurt to try. I’m just trying to learn the ropes here man.

If you don’t ask, you can’t learn. If you don’t learn, you can’t earn.

I am just a joking kind of person so don’t take it like I am making fun of you :smiley:

I think what you are asking is a great idea. Just make sure to watch yourself. Lots of slime out there.

Ok, that’s cool that you are joking, I just didn’t know. What do you think is the best way for a beginner to start out? I am looking for financing options right now and am not sure what to go with. Thanks, Mike

I think the best way is to read read read. Spend a couple weeks reading all the posts here and books you find at the bookstore.

Ask questions too.

If you are serious, you will be well on your way. I think financing options is an ongoing process. Just ask around.

I am learning all the different ways to finance a property. While I just go to my mortgage broker and see what they have for me, others do their own seeking.

Don’t pay for classes, lectures, programs, expensive books or any of that crap you see on TV or hear on the Radio. They are being pushed by gasbags who couldn’t close a deal at a flea market, let alone Real Estate. Don’t pay for mentoring or any of that crap. Those gasbags just want your money. Anyone promising that if you buy their book or whatever that you would be a Millionaire in X days, months or years, is full of crap. Remember only suckers buy that stuff. You don’t want to be a sucker right?

Best thing to do is research, research, research and if you think you have researched it enough, do more. You will always learn stuff. The Internet has tons of free information, if you find sites that require anysort of payment, click the back button. Search the forums in this site, tons of usefull info. Research you local market, call Realtors, call landlords, call banks. Find out everything. Ask realtors for comps, even comps going back a few years. Don’t buy just for the sake of owning something. If you can’t make money at it, don’t buy it. Let some other sucker buy it.

“Don’t buy just for the sake of owning something.”

That has to be a main downfall for investors.

Or putting the carriage before the horse, meaning they buy a property and THEN think about renting it out or how it will play out.

Want to get really cheap? Try this:

1. Go to book store, pick up a book, sit down, read. If you see a page with anything useful, take a picture of the page with a camera. Either a cell phone or small digital. Or take a note pad with you. Or take a mini recorder and speak any real important data into it that you might forget.

2. Go to book store, buy book. Bring home, copy it carefully. Return book next day. You could also take better pictures and read it on your computer.

3. Like #2, read the book at home and take notes then bring it back.

You can easily soak up a ton of knowledge this way.

I go to my local bookstores about every other day and sit down and read.

Yep barrowing the books from the book store is a great way to read some of these “programs”. But just doing research on the web is just a effective. Research. research, research, and when you think you have done enough, do some more. Educationg yourself will never hurt. Remember a fool and his money are soon parted. Don’t be the fool.