Ohio

Hello! Anyone from Ohio? Let me know :slight_smile:

Columbus. You?

Independence.

A similar thread was just posted (although it was looking more for Cleveland)

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=28;action=display;threadid=9091

This thread may shorten the process.

Why can’t we have our own forum? ::slight_smile:

Because we are not special enough… :cry:

Moving to Summit county this week. Looking for properties in Wayne and Ashland counties as well

http://www.buyingincleveland.com/

Im in Cleveland

ChateauMan

What part of Summit are you moving to, show_me_the-money?

I’m in the Cleveland Area. Elyria to be exact.

Tallmadge. However, I’ll be working in Ashland county. We have some properties in the works for Ashland and Wooster starting next week. We’ll see how it goes. ;D

just moved from columbus, but am maintaining my rentals there and also still working on short sales there. the market is too good.

;D

C-Town is good.
Out of state AE’s come into my office all the time and say, “this place is a little gold mine.”

Real estate is the the only thing that is keeping me in this state.

Found a VA home in Ashland that is ancient! It was built in the 1920’s and needs major renovation to bring it up to market value. The agent we are working with states that ARV would be in the high 70’s. We could probably pick it up in the low to mid 30’s. The roof needs replacing, the garage is collapsing and will need to be totally removed, vinyl siding is needed, and all the windows need replacing. This isn’t even considering the interior rehab! I just don’t know if this is such a good deal or not. The numbers don’t seem to adding up to a good ROI.

if agent says high 70’s, i’d assume no higher than 70 sold, deduct realtor fees from sell(assuming), sounds like huge rehab, plus months of holding payment…i wouldn’t touch it for over 10k.

Thanks for the tips. we’ve passed on this one and are looking to make an offer on another one in the area. It’s appraised at 131,000 and owners are willing to accept offers in the mid 80’s.

I’m in Columbus and plan to contact some of you soon!

Does anyone have experience with the Sheriff’s auctions? I have lots of questions about that and would love some help!! I’m just looking to buy properties, one at a time, rehab them and re-sell them.

just know that you have to have $$$ that day to pay at the auction. you have to make a big deposit right there cash and then don’t have long to pay the remainder. that’s why alot of people don’t do them. the bank is 90% of the time the only bidder and they buy it back for what is owed, then sell it themselves

I have money for the deposit to secure it that day. It would just depend on how quickly they would need the balance, and it varies for each property. Some have balance due in 3 or 7 days…others not for 30 days. Other than that, is it a relatively safe process? What if I buy a property then find out it does not have a clean title? And some of these properties are still occupied. I definitely don’t want to be in the business of removing people from their homes.

So many questions…anyone have experience with these?