newbie to house flipping

:help Is there any other ways to find deals besides bandit signs? If so what are they.
I paid money for a mentor he took my money and ran, he was no help at all if anyone
out there is kind enough to help me PLEASE REPLY.

Hey QEO,

I’m sorry to hear about your bad dealings with a con artist. I have been studying marketing for a while (necessary from my coaching business) and have been trying to find ways to transfer that knowledge to investing as well.

Can I ask, what kind of time and effort are you able to devote to investing? That may help us provide more specific answers. otherwise, you may just end up with a glossary of ideas and no way to implement them…which is where I am basically at. LOL.

You could run an ad in the local paper or even ask your local banks if they have any REOs. We got some great deals from a bank that had four REOs. We went there seeking funding for other houses they had financed for another guy and then the loan officer asked us to check out their REOs too.
The real question is do you know what is a deal and what’s not in your area?
Would you know what to do if someone called with a 3/2 brick house for sale in a certain area for 80k?

QEO

What is your monthly budget for marketing? From there you can determine how to allocate dollars (Marketing Plan).

My marketing plan consists of:

1. Direct Mail Campaign: Letters/Postcards to Farm area, probates, expired listings, houses with fire, ugly houses, high equity, and landlords. (thousands of letters/postcards a month)
  2. Leads from birddogs/referrals and car signs
  3. Phone calls – follow ups, for sale ads, FSBOs, for rent ads, etc.
  4. Door knocking
  5. Online marketing: Google Adwords, SEO organic search, craigslist type sites, etc
  6. Social media
  7. Networking

Hi,
Flipping involves market manipulation and other illegal conduct and as a derogatory term for legal real estate investing strategies that are perceived by some to be unethical or socially destructive. Profits from flipping real estate come from either buying low and selling high, or buying a house that needs repair and fixing it up before reselling.

Marketing for deals can be a full time job. There is a book called The real estate investors guide to guerrilla marketing and it pretty much lays out all of the possible marking tactics. The basics will always be bandit signs, direct mail and networking.

I think this answers it all. Like what he mentioned, it really depends on your budget.

One of those shows has a bunch of Yalies flipping houses in New Haven CT. I saw one show where they flipped a house not to far from me. I noticed on the show they were installing a driveway. The method they used was dumping the asphalt on the ground, raking it out, and going over it with a walk behind tamper…I drove past the house and took a look at the driveway…I nearly got sea sick…