Hello everyone!! This is officially my first post!!!
Okay. I am an aspiring real estate investor looking to begin wholesaling real estate in the DC/MD/VA region. My resources are limited and I havent had the opportunity to benefit from one of the costly courses or the mentoring offered in many places, so most of what I have learned has been through reading and research on my own. I am very eager to begin my investing career to better my quality of life and experience real freedom. I am currently taking the pre-licensing course to get my Realtor’s license, strictly to have a general understanding of Real Estate concepts and laws. I have a basic understanding of wholesaling but feel as though I am missing many details to get started. I know this so far:
- Must have a buyers list before looking for deals
- Find a deal and lock it up using a Purchase agreement and the clause “and/or assignees” next to my name to make the contract assignable.
- Find an end buyer and either reassign the contract using and Assignment of Contract, or find a titile company that does “double closing”, closing with the end buyer first and then the seller.
Now my questions are as follows:
- Is the repair costs determined after I tie up the property?
- Is it best to reassign the contract or use a title company that does double closings?
- Is it necessary for me to show proof of funds when I make an offer?
- Do things change if the property is listed with a Realtor?
I have found a deal in my area but kind of dont know what to do next. I have asked a realtor to provide me with the CMA, but I kind of dont know what I am looking for with the CMA. Is there any specific place that I can find contracts or is it best to consult a RE attorney to have it done?
Please Help :banghead
I am very motivated to start and would appreciate any help anyone can provide me…THANKS IN ADVANCE!!