Newbie Bandit Sign Questions

I’ve been reading many of the posts on this board regarding bandit signs. I haven’t yet put out any, and if I dedcide to, I will probably put out the first batch myself.

Most people say to put them out on Friday night, taking them down Sunday if at all. I was planning on putting them up on telephone poles w/ nails. Any thoughts on this before I go thru this? (I assume it will be difficult to take them down w/o basically ripping them off the pole while leaving the nail. I don’t plan on removing the nail to get the sign.)

Also, are most people planting them in the ground? When they talk of removing the sign it seems to me that they’re in the ground, not on a pole.

Also, does anyone know how to check city ordinances without asking people at City Hall specifically where to get this info? (I’d rather not tip them off in advance, if possible.)

Any and all thoughts are greatly appreciated. I believe they will work from everything that I’ve heard, but I’d rather not spend hundreds of dollars on signs, hours of time putting them up, only to find out I’m going to get fined hundreds of dollars if I have to take them down almost immediately. (As far as people stealing them; I don’t care, that’s just a cost of doing business.)

Finally, I’ve heard Dave Lindahl say he had a building inspector deny permits on 3 rehabs he was doing even after he complied with the city ordinances for putting up signs in his town. Does anybody else know of any other vindictive measures like this taken by City Hall?

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S.

It just occurred to me, what is the standard “penalty” if caught by the sign police? Just a fine, or can you be hauled away in cuffs, etc.?

And for those who’ve said they know people who’ve gotten ticketed either once or more in the last year or two; did those people go right doing what they were previously doing, and if yes, did they do it immediatley, move a town over, etc.

What are your recommendations for phone # on the sign. (Cell, etc.)

The town I live in has a population of 70,000. I don’t live in Texas, by the way.

Thanks again.

Wow, thats alot of questions. Hope this helps.

Most people say to put them out on Friday night, taking them down Sunday if at all. I was planning on putting them up on telephone poles w/ nails. Any thoughts on this before I go thru this? (I assume it will be difficult to take them down w/o basically ripping them off the pole while leaving the nail. I don’t plan on removing the nail to get the sign.)

1 I personally put them on stakes in the ground. I put them up friday night because code enforcement typacally is off on the weekends. I pull the highly visable ones up on Sunday night and leave between 3-5 out. In my neck of the woods(Fort Worth) They have not fined me yet, they just take them down and trash them. The reason I pull the other 20 is not to upset them. I have talked to code compliance in other cities and they agree they want neccessarily fine someone if it is just a few signs, but if they spend their whole day pulling your bandit signs they will. In one city alone I was threatened with $200.00 a Sign. Needless to say I pulled them rather quickly.

Do not let this scare you. I buy on average 3 houses a month Sub-2 with bandit signs. They are cheap and effective.

As far as checking city ordinances call city hall and ask for code compliance.

Fines are fines. They have never threatened to take me to jail. Now if you are fined and dont pay those fines???

As far as the sign mine say : WE BUY HOUSES

WE TAKE OVER PAYMENTS

817-822-0270
                                        cashforhomesasap.com   

That goes straight to my cell phone that way when they call I can start my ole routine.

As I said earlier, Bandit signs are great if used properly. I put them up all over specific neighborhoods that I target. They work. Hope this helps.

Robert Cast

Thanks for your help