new to rehabbing, need advise

Hello everyone I am brand new to the site. I just bought my first investment property, rehab is going well, so far so good. I would love to continue to buying properties in the future but the biggest obstacle I see is not having 10-20% down every time I purchase. A friend of mine mentioned seller financing. I know this is a very general question but can someone just give me the basics on this as well as any other ways I can secure financing without all that initial output, thanks.

Some other ways would be:
hard money lenders
private money lenders

Depending on your credit score, there are lenders that can do 100%, but I will let more knowedgealbe investors speak there peace here since I am just a newbie, not yet having done anything but read the posts here.
:slight_smile:
steve

Steve,

Another thing to do is if you have equity in the propety you just bought is to pull it out with a cash out refinance when you have it done. Obviously you want cashflow so if you could have a first and a second mortgage and still cashflow 100 bucks but yet have 10-15K to invest elsewhere that might work for you. Lenders, brokers, banks, etc. are places to start looking if desired. Food for thought,

Nate-WI

Initially I rehabbed and then refinanced to recoup my investment but the last ten have been financed 100% with a BB&T in-house investment property loan that includes repair monies. Hope this helps.

Hey what is BB&T? How can I find out more about in-house financing?

burn,

BB&T is a bank – a pretty large one with a big “footprint”:

http://www.bbandt.com/

Keith

I work for a mortgage lending firm who has just opened up a new program for rehabbing. It’s called a constructon loan. It loans monies for purchase and rehabbing together. Credit terms are beyond reasonable (620 FICO) and up to 100% LTV (total cost). If you dont want to put anything down I would suggest creative financing. :smiley:

Where do you lend? What kinda terms in general are you talking about? Interest only notes for a year? zero down? interest rates?

Nate-WI