I AM FARELY NEW TO THE FINANCING BUSINESS AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY GOOD IDEAS ON HOW TO START A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS? ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRIATED.
I’m curious as to why you got into financing without knowing the business? What are your goals for this business (aside from “making money”)?
A few things to think about while developing your company:
- What’s your niche? (without one, there is no reason for people to work with you instead of another)
- Who makes up your target market?
- What message(s) do you wish to convey?
- What is/are the best means of sharing your message with your target audience?
- What marketing methods are within your budget?
- Assuming marketing success, are you prepared to handle the desired volume of business?
- Have you obtained the proper business license(s) for your new company?
- Are you familiar with business-related taxes? (If not, be prepared, they’re outrageous)
- Do you have a backup plan?
There is a LOT more that goes in to starting/building/maintaining a business, but hopefully this has at least given you a few things to think about. With the answers to these questions, should come more questions, until you are ready/confident to start your new company.
I wish you the best. Take care & God bless.
Which financing business is it that you wish to embark on?
If I were you, these are the things I would consider first.
[*]Read up and ask around on the business of your interest to see if it’s something worth pursuing ???.
[*]If you still desire to continue :exclaim:, strive to understand the “few things” that DilutedImage posted and read up on other reputable information.
[*]Find a MENTOR who is actually successful in the business of your interest. Not family members or friends who will openly give you advice and doesn’t have the slightest clue or isn’t in place where you want to be.
[*]Have a “BURNING DESIRE” to be successful with your business regardless to what anybody says. (Read Bill Bronchick’s article “Ten Myths Preventing People from Succeeding in Real Estate.” I know this may not be in your area of business, but it does give you some insights).
[*] ALWAYS BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!! And make room for self-improvement (Reading motivational books, tapes, surrounding yourself with “positive” people… etc) and your confidence will improve and grow along with your business :).
I know in the end that it’s a lot of work, but just stick with it and you’ll be on an island (Insert the island of your choice here) sipping on the umbrella drinks! :party:
Wishing you the best and success!