New Investor

Can some one let know the best place to start looking for money for my first deal.

I’m going to be ginger about this, but if your first post is ‘where can I get money’ then you’re likely not ready to invest anyhow. There is a PLETHORA of knowledge here, and the best advice I can offer is to read read read. There is no ‘answer’ as to ‘where the best place to get money’ is. There are plenty of answers, all suiting different investors for different needs and timeframes and deals, etc.

I have to say that REI_Chris is right. I always say you can’t learn from others mistakes. If you hear 100 mistakes you still have no idea how to do it right. I am not selling the book and have no financial benefit from telling you this but look at the signature for propertymanager (he has over 4,000 posts here). He has a link to a book he has written called 1 Minute to Rental Property Riches.

If you were to buy his book and do what he does, you will make money. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel. Find someone that is doing what you want to do and do exactly what they are doing.

I will also say that you should go to your local real estate investors club and talk to the people there. All real estate is local. What makes money in Ohio where propertymanager is may not work in California or what works in California may not work in New York. You need the local knowledge to make it work.