Need honest HML

Hello all:

This is a shot in the dark, but ya never know until you ask, right?

How do I find an honest HML or Private Investor in Georgia that can not only provide me with funds, but also a bit of guidance and advice along the way? I am a newbie, and this will be my first deal. I’ve read the books, taken courses etc…

I have a credit score of 620 and $5,000 of my own money to contribute.

I’m currently working with a Realtor and a couple of Bird Dogs, and a couple of properties have already fallen through my hands due to lack of funds and me being afraid to move forward. My ideal project would have an ARV of $130,000, need about $15,000 in repairs, and be purchased for $75,000.

I realize that with a HML, I’m looking at higher interest rates, points, draw fees and a few other obstacles that don’t go along with traditional lenders.
Thanks in advance.

With your credit score you should be able to get 100% financing on the property through a broker or “B” paper lender. You would get much better rates abd terms going this route.

You just need to do some creative work with the seller.

Hello, My advice is always the same. Use a traditional lender first and a HML as a last resort.

my situation is similar except:

i am bidding on uninsured HUD homes. these homes are given away pretty cheap and when you factor the repairs in, i still have an equity line of 35% (maybe more).

No banks will mortgage uninsured homes. I need to work with HML until the unit is repaired and i can refinance.

Any leads would be appreciated. REal leads.

AD

Thank you all for your responses.

I was lucky enough to have secured funds through a private investor since I first posted this thread.

Good luck to all!

MG577

i’m curious, how did you go about finding one? how did you present the offer to them?

AD