Need help refinancing with more than 10 houses!

I have been trying off and on for over 2 years to find someone to do a refi for me. Everything starts off just fine as my income is high, my LTV is around 70%, my credit is over 800…and then whoever is helping me finds out I have over 10 houses. When they learn that fact, the deal is off–my boss/overlay/bank won’t let me. I get a letter in the mail once a week, sometimes 2 in a single day, saying that I have pre-qualified for a refinance, but when I call them they say “oh, sorry, we can’t help you after all.”

IS there ANYONE out there that will do a refinance on what to me seems like a very low risk mortgage? Why do banks walk away from such a sweet deal, just because I have over 10 rentals?

Please help!

Find a commercial mortgage broker.

Ask him about securing a ‘blanket mortgage.’ Find out what the qualifications are, and work to meet them.

Ask how a blanket mortgage will effect future borrowing, etc.

There is a way to go forward.

Meantime, why not begin to become more acquainted with ‘creative financing.’

Back in the day, we had our own troubles getting financing, because of similar hurdles. This isn’t a new problem for investors.

Because of that, we looked for ways to take over loans, wrap mortgages, and have sellers carry back some/all of the financing. I think you’ll discover that many sellers are happy to finance you in return for 10% down. They just will. And it doesn’t have to be your 10%.

One of the wholesale flipping whales near me, routinely borrows 10% down payments from private sources, and offers it to sellers, in return for long term financing. It’s not necessarily high leverage either. It’s bargain pricing with leverage.

Some sellers, would rather have a steady, sure income, from an otherwise vacant rental house (without managing it), than get more money, or manage a rental, and/or have it taxed to death, and end up netting less.

Think about this: Selling on an installment sale, allows you to pay taxes at a lower rate, and over longer time, than is possible just cashing out. Offer that benefit to a seller.

Meantime, make friends with small credit unions, small banks, and anyone who likes to loan private money on real estate.

Or, consider bigger deals. Commercial lending is a whole 'nother ball game. The bigger the deal, the more people are interested in helping you buy, and borrow money to buy. If you get serious, you’ll discover how to get into “units” with none of your own money.

Hi,

You always have the option of finding a private money lender who could loan on all 10+ properties as a blanket loan.

The interest rate may be a little higher and you will probable still pay a point or two.

Make sure your blanket loan contains an apportionment clause allowing you if necessary to sell single homes from the group.

GR

Venator64,

There are many commercial lenders out there that have programs no matter the amount of rentals you have. I would be happy to take a look at your situation if you would like. I have about 8 different lenders that do this type of lending to investors with multiple properties. Message me and I’ll give you my contact information.

Jeff