My Credit Report...

Is it possible to go from a 665 to a 800+ credit score? If so, can you give me suggestions on how to obtain that score.

Also, how long would it take to obtain a score of 800+ if all avenues are exhausted?

Current credit score is 665

ROGERS WIRELESS INC

Association to Account: Individual account BalanceAmount: $0.00
Type of Account: Open Past Due: $0.00
Date Opened: 2005-06 Date of Last Activity: 2006-09
Months Reviewed: 15 Date Reported: 2006-10
Payment History: No payment 30 days late
No payment 60 days late
No payment 90 days late
Prior Paying History:
Comments: Monthly payments

CDN TIRE M C

Association to Account: Individual account BalanceAmount: $126.00
Type of Account: Revolving Past Due: $0.00
Date Opened: 2002-01 Date of Last Activity: 2006-10
Months Reviewed: 57 Date Reported: 2006-11
Payment History: 03 payments 30 days late
03 payments 60 days late
No payment 90 days late
Prior Paying History: Two payments past due ( 2005-03 )
Two payments past due ( 2003-09 )
Two payments past due ( 2002-12 )

Credit History and Banking Information

A credit transaction will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of last activity. All banking information (checking or saving account) will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of registration.

No Banking information on file

Public Records and Other Information

Bankruptcy

A bankruptcy automatically purges six (6) years from the date of discharge in the case of a single bankruptcy. If the consumer declares several bankruptcies, the system will keep each bankruptcy for fourteen (14) years from the date of each discharge. All accounts included in a bankruptcy remain on file indicating “included in bankruptcy” and will purge six (6) years from the date of last activity.

Voluntary Deposit - Orderly Payment Of Debts, Credit Counseling

When voluntary deposit – OPD – credit counseling is paid, it will automatically purge from the system three (3) years from the date paid.

Registered Consumer Proposal

When a registered consumer proposal is paid, it will automatically purge three (3) years from the date paid.

Judgments, Seizure Of Movable/Immovable, Garnishment Of Wages
The above will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date filed.

Secured Loans

A secured loan will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date filed.
(Exception: P.E.I. Public Records: seven (7) to ten (10) years.)

No Public Record information on file

Collection Accounts

A collection account under public records will automatically purge from the system six (6) years from the date of last activity.

No Collections information on file

Credit Inquiries to the File

The following inquiries were generated because the listed company requested a copy of your credit report. An Inquiry made by a Creditor will automatically purge three (3) years from the date of the inquiry. The system will keep a minimum of five (5) inquiries.

2006-09-24 PC FINANCIAL CIBC
2005-06-26 BELL CANADA
2005-06-26 BELL MOBILITY
2005-04-12 BELL MOBILITY
2004-06-01 TELUS MOBILITY

The following “soft” inquiries were also generated. These soft inquiries do not appear when lenders look at your file; they are only displayed to you and do not affect your credit score.

2006-11-26
2006-11-26
2006-11-26
2005-10-29

Based on this info, what can I do to bring my credit score to 800+ ?

Are those the only 2 accounts on your report?

There will be another credit card added that I have already been approved for and should receive any day now. The card is the gas advantage canadian tire master card.

Not many accounts there to build a good account history with and therefore drive up your score. It’s good you have the new cc coming, that will help. If I were you I’d use it regularly and pay it in full every month. Develop a good relationship with that company then look to get your limit raised, this will help your score some as well. Also you can dispute those few lates from CDN Tire, you can look to creditboards.com for information on disputes, their new member FAQs are pretty comprehensive.

What exactly do you mean you can dispute the late charges?

Check out www.myfico.com to learn more about how credit scores are calculated and what you can do to improve your score. Disputing items in your credit file is your right as a consumer and may help your overall score if you successfully remove negative items.

A word of caution on credit file disputes. From my personal experience opening a dispute creates opportunity for mistakes by the credit bureaus. I recently disputed a number of relevant errors in my credit file. In the process of fixing these errors two of the three credit bureaus changed details regarding accounts not part of the original dispute. I’m now going back and forth trying to get these secondary errors fixed. Be diligent and review your credit report often.

One other word of caution. Managing your credit and building a strong credit history takes time. This can all be quickly ruined if your credit information falls into the wrong hands. I would advise against posting your credit details online.

Can you dispute actual credit mishaps made by yourself or are you on able to dispute errors you feel shouldn’t be on your credit report?

You can dispute anything if you so desire. By all means dispute inaccuracies in your credit file as future loan decisions will be made based upon the content of your file. However, don’t dispute factually correct information such as late payments etc. When you dispute an item the credit bureaus are required by law to either confirm the accuracy of the information or remove it from your report.

when I dispute something on my file do I go to the credit bureau to dispute it or to the company that may have mad the mistake?

always dispute items with the three credit bureaus (transunion, equifax, experian). This puts them on notice that you disagree with something they are maintaining in your credit file. It also kicks in the 30day time clock they have to confirm the information and make any necessary corrections to your file. two of the credit bureaus have an on-line dispute process while the third requires a written letter. Keep copies of everything and send mail registered or delivery confirmation. Again check out myfico.com for details on disputes and also read up on the fair credit reporting act to know your rights and responsibilities.