MORE "Shovel-ready" MONEY... REALLY???

US House approves $155 billion jobs bill, Reuters, December 16, 2009

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN1612851020091217

From the article - [i][b]"By a vote of 217 to 212, the House approved additional spending for “shovel-ready” construction projects and money to avoid layoffs of teachers, police and other public employees.

The Senate is expected to consider the measure early next year."[/b][/i]

Uhm… wasn’t the $787 BILLION DOLLAR “stimulus” SUPPOSED to provide “shovel-ready” construction jobs??? Remember, it was SUPPOSED to keep Catipillar from not only laying off MORE employees (which they did ANYWAY), but was SUPPOSED to get them hiring BACK in the expectation of the “shovel-ready” jobs… and yet the money from LAST YEAR’S “stimulus” is not even GETTING out…

So, they either lied then or are lying now and the Dem’s have played blatant politics with people’s lives… Based on their TRACK RECORD, this NEW $155 BILLION bill will take yet ANOTHER year to get out there… If not, WHY couldn’t they get the ORIGINAL $787 BILLION “stimulus” money out earlier then now?..

If this $155 BILLION is supposed to get people back to work, WHY did they wait almost a YEAR to do it???

We also know that most of the original stimulus package was never actually spent, and that the administration had proposed using the “leftover” money to “pay down the deficit”.
If they’ve got “extra” money from the first stimulus still lying around unspent, then why do they need to pass additional spending for job creation? Why not reallocate the original stimulus money?!! :bs

Jesus Christ… I was studying all day, i get on the computer, and this is the FIRST thing I see.

This has to stop…

It all stops when China says “pay up!”

The Democrats have govt spending up 23% since they took over n 07,that’s a massive increase and good campaign amo for the upcoming election.They are digging their own grave and don’t even see it.Good riddance in 2010!!

UPDATE:

-This measure has only passed the House (reportedly rammed through by the Pelosi, big surpise)

-The Senate won’t get to it till next year, and most likely will chisel the spending down, if not voting it down completely

-Not a single Republican voted for the bill, and even 40 Democrats voted against it

-Democrat are claiming at least $75 billion of the spending IS coming from reallocated money from the first stimulus package, Republicans counter that this is already “red ink” money being spent

-Democrats reportedly want a quick cash infusion into the economy to stimulate job growth (despite the fact that the bill contains none of Obamas suggestions including tax breaks for small businesses and despite the fact that public works projects are notoriously slow moving due to the contractor-bid process)

Somebody is going to have to explain to me how government construction jobs prevent teachers and police from being laid off.

Please don’t tell Obama what comes after a trillion!

Nancy Pelosi should be the Banking Industry Czar. You need a $10,000,000 business start up loan and you make 12.50 an hour. You’re Approved!!! :help