MLS Listings

As a new private realestate investor, does anyone know of the most cost effective way to gain access to the MLS listings…I assume I’ll have to pay a fee…just looking for the cheapest means to gain access

Thanks, MD

You have to be a licensed real estate agent and a member of Realtors association to gain access to the MLS. You may find a new realtor who is willing to share his login/pass with you, but that will depend on your relation with them and your ability to sell them on the idea.

http://www.iggyshouse.com/default.aspx

The problem is that, in this market, simply listing a home in MLS won’t do anything unless you price it extremely well. There’s tons of sites and free “for sale by owner” services that allow you to syndicate. Craigslist is also pretty good.

Again, the problem is that most markets are buyer markets, so you have a lot of competition.

All you really need is to partner (or know) an agent that has a license. They don’t even need to be actively selling real estate. If you can get this, then they should have access to MLS listings. And providing they are generous enough, they will share them with you :).

As a new private realestate investor, does anyone know of the most cost effective way to gain access to the MLS listings...I assume I'll have to pay a fee

As a new investor, if you are going to spend money on something, you may want to consider spending it on marketing to motivated sellers instead of trying to buy houses off the MLS with a realtor. Just my 2 cents.

You will find that a Realtor is a valuable member of your team so you might as well go out and meet a few. Find one or more that know the investing side of things and that are very hungry.

Tho they wont be sending you a lot of leads they will be useful in the future to run comps, give advice, and refer you to other valuable team members.

Jake