LTV and CLTV

Hey all,

I know what LTV is, what is CLTV? I’ll probaby feel dumb after I find out.

John

Combined Loan to Value

The total of all liens on the subject property divided by the appraised value f the property.

MG

Thanx for the reply. I’m trying to wrap my brain around this. I am looking at a few different HML/private lenders. most say between 65-75% LTV but one says 65%LTV - 100%CLTV based and loans are based on the current appraisal of the home. could someone give me an example? I appologize for my ignorance on this, I just want to be sure I have all the facts right.

John

If someone is willing to loan you 75% LTV on a $100K valued property, then they will loan you $75K.

If someone is willing to loan you 75% LTV with a CLTV of 100%, then they are willing to loan you $75K and you can borrow the other $25K from somewhere else if you want, and are able, to do so.

Difference: When someone says that they’ll loan you a max of X%, then they want you to come up with the rest of the money. If they say they’ll loan you a max of X%, but you can get a CLTV of X%, then it means that they’ll make a 1st loan and you can get a 2nd loan from somewhere else up to the CLTV %.

Raj

How about a hml that will do 70% arv and allow a total 100% cltv?

That’s what I was talking about. This particular lender will loan 65% LTV and allow 100%CLTV

Sorry for being so blunt, but have you spoke to your lender or broker about explaining the loan you have been offered?

If they couldn’t or refused too I would be hesitant in doing business with them.

Please feel free to contact me to discuss in detail.

only major problem with your loan is the HML will want 1st position and i doubt you would find another bank/lender that is willing to take then 2nd place…you will have to find private funding…

You could also have the seller, friend. family. neighbor. church. business. or any other entity loan the funds and create the 2nd lien.