I have heard a lot about using a limited power of attorney instead of authorization to release information.

How easy/hard is LPA? Is it a state specific form? All my google searches want my money…imagine that!

Thanks for your insights or any other information.



its a pretty simple and easy form to fill out. u can get it for like 18 dollar from uslegal forms. i’m not sure if its state specific. To what i’m aware of, i thought u are suppose to have the lpa and authorization to release information

LPA will allow you to sign documents on behalf of the debtor. But you will require an A to release to talk to the lender.

if it’s GMAC yo must use their own and it has to be notatrized.