Looking for suggestions

Hi all :),

I just have some questions. I have been a software engineer the past five years and the hours and lack of job stability are getting to me. My dad has been in Real Estate for over twenty years and has been trying to get me involved. He has his own appraising business. I am not really intrested in appraising, but in I am in investing.

I am looking for suggestions in what area of investing I should be looking to get involved in. I basically want to be able to eventually leave my job as a Software engineer. I have read some books, but I am not intrested in no money down\bad credit\make millions fast deals. I want to do something that will allow me to bring in steady income. I have excellent credit and some money. Plus I will be owning a house in Oct that I could use as equity.

I was looking for suggestions from you all as to what is the best form of investing that could bring in a steady income based on my background? My dad knows areas and has access to MLS. He also has relationships with mortage companies. So he has some exp he could share. Should I for example be looking for single fam rentals, commerical rentals, fix em uppers or something else? Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks,

Jutah

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I am looking for at least 50K a year to be able to get by. Is this feasible? Two more things too.

1. What type of rentals should I be looking into. Single fam, commercial, apartments or others?

2. Is it advisable to go with intrest only loans since the mortgage payment would be much lower and then I could make more off the rent.

Thanks,

Jutah