LLC or Umbrella Coverage for Out of State Investment Property?

Hi all,

I am a newbie investor and also new to this forum. My husband and I have 2 rental investment condos totaling about $80K located in Georgia, and our primary townhome in California totaling $350k. They are all deeded and personally financed in both of our names. We would like to get a few additional properties by the end of the year, and get into Wholesaling in the near future.

My husband and I want to protect our assets, so we are thinking about forming an LLC. We’ve been told that it is best to form this in Delaware, but after researching, we are hearing that an Umbrella policy or Land trust may be better for us. As mentioned before, we live here in California, but own properties in Atlanta, GA. Can any experts advise? Thank you!!