I just picked up a property through tax foreclosure sale and I need to send the owner notificaiton of the action…Can’t seem to find anything like this on the web…any idea where I might find such correspondence???


Argent 8)

Are the previous owners still living in the house?

You might try the classifieds in the newspaper - legal notices section. Maybe there will be something close to what you want there. Most newspapers now have online classifieds that you can search.

we are in the process of determining whether anyone lives there…Nothing but junk present when we peered in though a broken window…

argent 8)

if you think it abandon then probably you just need to post an official notice of your intent to enter and take possession. How to exactly do this should be covered in your state’s landlord/tenants laws. The waiting period could be as little as 24hrs.

I agree. Since you are now the owner, you are the landlord. So all it takes is a XX hrs notice to enter. Check if the electricity is working, water, gas, etc. If they are not, chances are they left? If they did leave, you can place all the belongings in some storage. Then place an ad in the newspaper for auctioning it off. THIS ALL DEPENDS ON YOUR STATE! CHECK YOUR STATE LAWS BEFORE DOING ANYTHING. OR CALL YOUR LOCAL LANDLORD ATTORNEY.

thanks for the comments…this is in Texas…I will pursue it vigorusly…
thanks again for your comments…

Argent 8)

I think you should join a pre-paid legal service. That will give unlimited access to a lawyer and they can answer all your legal questions. It’s a very inexspensive cost (APPROX. $25.00 A MONTH) but very valueable. If you’re investing you will need them anyway’s.


A lot of the Real Estate Gurus’ suggest joining that service, but from comments of friends who belong to it, they say that the service is not as easy to use as presented. Why are yuor experiences?

I well worth the money you pay! I have the business plan with PPL and I send them blank contracts to review and they help modify them to suite my business and to make sure they are correct. I also get my executed contracts reviewed.