Lease optioning to owner and lease optioning to tenant buyer

Hello again, I have some questions about lease with option to purchase to an owner and lease with option to purchase to tenant/buyer.

If you arrange with the owner to lease with the option to purchase for a period of 2 years. Upon finding a tenant/buyer, you offer the tenant/buyer a one year, 6 month option to purchase the property. The tenant/buyer exercise his right to purchase the propery after the 1 year, 6 month term has passed. Is the following statements about this scenario accurate.

1. Due to the tenant/buyer exercising their option, the investor in this scenario by default exercises his option to purchase the property with the owner that he has the 2 year term lease with option to purchase agreement.
  2. Is the above statement accurate if the investor places a provision in the purchase agreement with the owner (example: investor reserves the right to lease-option the property to a tenant/buyer)
  3. Or does the investor insert a provision in the purchase agreement with owner that if the tenant/buyer exercises his right to purchase the propery, the investor automatically exercises his right to purchase the property from owner?

Any feedback will be gladly appreciated.

Option language is tricky and you need to be sure you get it right or you risk being in breach with your tenant / buyer and losing your opton to purchase. You need language in both areas to protect yourself. Seek the help of a local attorney on this so you protect your rights.

Thank you for the information DirtLawFlorida. I will have to seek the counsel of an attorney that is located in the state I want to conduct these transactions.

That is definitely a wise choice. Good luck to you.