Lease Option or Lease Purchase Consulting

Does anyone have any or in fact know of anyone that has provided consulting as a Lease Purchase Consultant? Is a real estate license required for this in Texas or in Kansas to anyone’s knowledge? Thanks in advance

Personally I wouldn’t waste my time doing consulting because you do all the hard work (finding a willing seller) anyway and only get a few hundred or a thousand bucks for your trouble. Better to do a cooperative assignment if you don’t want to stay in the middle of the deal.

As far as I know you don’t need a real estate license to do consulting. You aren’t selling the property FOR the owner. With consulting all you’re doing is selling your knowledge, you don’t actually have anything to do with the deal itself.

Like Doug said, you aren’t brokering real estate so a license is not a requirement. You are simply offering your experience and knowledge in exchange for financial compensation. The contract you use should state just this. I’ve done a few Consultations where I either couldn’t get the deal, or didn’t want it for one reason or another. I received one month’s rent, payable in advance. Not a lifestyle changing amount of money, but on the other hand, $1,500 for around two hours work isn’t bad, either.