Law Of Attraction

I came on to the forum to help people with investing ideas & techniques, and to learn from other investors. I do not come on here to be called ridiculous, or stup[id, or anything that you are excusing me of.

Just to be clear, I said that T&GR was Ridiculous - not you. Furthermore, I didn’t use the word “stupid” in any of my posts, so I didn’t accuse you of that either.

taxlienadvisor,
Dont leave the forum on account of Propertymanager/Mike…He is a half way decent guy most of time and I more than anyone know that…You actually just caught him from a short hiatus from the forum and he may have had been a little wound up upon his return for various reasons…He only made an opinion on the book and never insulted you…I cant believe Im defending the guy,I wanted to steal his canned goods just yesterday…Seriously he isnt that bad…

They’re BOTH right…

Mikes a no BS guy…calls it the way he see’s it…This type of “fluff” would drive someone like him nuts. His response is completely predictable.

On the other hand Taxlienadvisor hits on a topic that works for some people…I have no idea how…But it CAN motivate them…I’ve seen this in action…Now let me say this…What worked for the guy I know had NOTHING to do with his “energy” but he THOUGHT it did, and THAT worked for him…

It MOTIVATED HIM…This is the same thing that keeps people DONATING a portion of their earnings to charities inorder to “KEEP THE GOOD KARMA GOING”

Hey…THEY believe it works…SO IT DOES WORK!!! It isn’t REALLY doing anything…They just attribute their sucess to it.

I’ve also seen the flip side of that KARMA theory…The complete SCUMBAG that would cheat his own mother for a nickel…I know some VERY RICH people like this…They are terrible humans…But the MONEY doesn’t care…IT JUST KEEPS COMING.

Interesting topic Taxman!!!

I also enjoy your posts!!! Keep 'em coming!! :beer

I understand,

I’m def. not leaving the forum…I look forward to property managers posts as well…I’m sure I can learn a lot from him, He probably has 20 - 50 times the experience I do at least.

I learn from my lessons, I shouldnt have posted the law of attraction topic…it is something that I never go around and talk about (nobody wants to hear that stuff anyways),…I try to never discuss politics, religion, and faith…they always ened up with fair-less than fair results. I have learned from my own lesson, which is good, and I’m probably just gonna stick to answering people’s questions If I have the answers,and doing my best to become a team player on the forum…

I’m here to learn from everyone, I just didnt want to discuss the LAw thing with prop man any further…I am looking forward though to discussing other topics with him on a different note.

thank you

NO NO NO…

You absolutely should have posted this…Here’s why…

This place is great because the original TOPIC is a BLANK CANVAS…No one stays on it for long…So this topic could easily lead to something that is completely worth while reading and very valuable.

Someone might have a great story about using their ENERGY to buy a property, and they just might let slip a little GEM of an idea that REALLY got them that house…

THATS THE GOLD!!!

I used some “energy” a while back at my local building inspectors office.

I wanted a building permit for a house. The plat was laid out in 1956 and every house on the street had exactly 99 feet of frontage per lot…The city had recently changed to a minimum of 100 feet. I figured that since my lot was approved and laid out in 56 I’d be grandfathered in…WRONG…“Vinny” at the inspectors office tells me I need to apply for a zoning variance and it’ll take 6 months. This TURD made absolutely NO EFFORT to help me in anyway and I wanted to knock his teeth down his throat just for his attitude.

So I used ENERGY…I went home and wrote a nice long letter about what WONDERFUL service I received at the BUILDING INSPECTORS OFFICE…How VINNY went out of his way to help me…How it was a testament to the MAYOR to have such great people working for him…and how my entire family would be voting for him in the upcoming election!!! I mailed it and WAITED…

About 3 days later I get a letter from the Mayors office (surprise surprise!!) He tells me how he implemented VAST changes to that office when he took over and how much he would do in the future…

That DAY I went back to the SAME WINDOW, with the SAME PLANS, asking for the SAME BUILDING permit I was denied days earlier…

As I approached the window I noticed that VINNY has taped my LETTER to the wall above his desk!!!
He comes to the window in his usual SLOTH like manner and looks at my plans AGAIN…But this time something CLICKS in his tiny egg shell mind…THE NAME on the PLANS…I could see him struggling mentally to remember WHERE he knew that name???..Then in a tiny monent of clarity he GOT IT…

“HEY, you’re the guy who wrote the letter!!! Hey THANKS…We don’t get many of those here. The Mayor himself dropped it off.”

Vinny instructed me to go downstairs to Anthony’s office and tell him Vinny sent me…Good ole Anthony stamped those plans in 2 seconds and I walked out with my BUILDING PERMIT exactly 4 days after being denied!!!

ENERGY!!!

FDJake,

Somehow, I don’t think this is the kind of ENERGY we’re talking about. Your kind of energy sounds more like “I snowed the mentally challenged morons at city hall” type of energy. LOL! I guess energy is energy!

Or…The Jedi Mind Trick!!!

fdjake,
That is just the best story! I can see the whole thing happening as you described it.

Taxlienadvisor,
I didn’t mean to set you up for criticism as a new poster by asking about the Law of Attraction, but you shouldn’t worry about that. I was criticized, called “stupid”, and accused of lying in one of my early posts. In that instance, propertymanager came to my defense and calmed me down before I would have left the site forever.

It’s great to have a new person on here with specialized tax lien knowledge. And I still want to learn more about this “Law”. Maybe it’s like Feng Shui, you believe it or you don’t? Like burying a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to ensure a house sale?

Furnishedowner

you didnt set me for anything …I posted it in the first place…no worries…

I’ll send you a pm since you asked…I think you will like what you discover.

[quote] Like burying a statue of St. Joseph in the yard to ensure a house sale?{quote]

Now you’re really starting to scare me FO!

dont pay any attention to him FO,

he doesnt realize that I’m simply offering information for you to review at your leisure…I could care less if you agree or not…on the other hand MR PO, is desperately trying to make sure you follow his beliefs…he is not concerned with your freedom of choice…he has some control issues…and he needs the security of knowing that he is always right, and that all have to agree with him, and if they don’t they are crazy and he is sane.

He’s just like my crother…I lived with him for 25 years…I would know.

[i][/i]

hello taxlienadvisor,

i have had the chance to see the original movie and find out where the source of it is.

it is a book called “the science of getting rich” by wallace wattles.

now there are those who do not believe the law of attraction. however, it does exist.

the problem is that it takes awhile to elaborate the workings of it.

imho it is a combination of thought with action towards a particular goal. that is the rub. putting up vision boards, using visualization, and writing down goals is important. for they allow us to focus on our objectives. when one is focused, imho God will arrange to have the answers before us. precisely because we are concentrating on a particular goal.

now there are those who will say that it is a bunch of whatever. but there are those who will say otherwise.

so would you please keep on posting whatever comes to mind. it is good to speak on other subjects.

regards,
vrmchris

thank you for your support,

yes, you are right, it does take some time for the deliberate creations to manifest. One cannot sit down and will something and expect it to happen right away. Through consistent focus and intent towards what it is they are asking for, ebentually it shall become reality.

Now, if someone is so intent and focused, and one really "saturates? his ir her brain with the dominant desire, and “trick” their brain that it has already happened and they are already enjoying their new status…then one can expect results on a much faster and higher level.

Nice to talk with you, I was actually just meditating on the subject, the earth is more still at this time in the am and higher intelliegence & guidance is more easily accessible.

I will be sure to pick that book up this weekend,

thanks

One cannot sit down and will something and expect it to happen right away. Through consistent focus and intent towards what it is they are asking for, ebentually it shall become reality.

One cannot sit down and will something and expect it to happen EVER! That’s ridiculous! It’s the ACTION that actually gets things done.

Here’s a little question. If someone who sincerely believes in the Law of Attraction spends 23 hours a day for an entire year sitting in their house WILLING a new car to appear; pasting pictures of new cars all over their house; visualizing riding in a new car; imagining that they are smelling that new car scent; imagining that they are feeling the soft leather interior; do you believe a new car will appear? Of course not! However, if another person that thinks the law of attraction is silly gets out of the house and works their butt off for an entire year, they might very well expect to buy a new car. The law of attraction didn’t buy that new car for them - their hard work did!!!

Now, if someone is so intent and focused, and one really "saturates? his ir her brain with the dominant desire, and "trick" their brain that it has already happened and they are already enjoying their new status...then one can expect results on a much faster and higher level.

If one tricks their brain into thinking that they’ve already got a new car, it’s going to be a mighty long walk to town when they realize that their car didn’t appear.

Propertymanager,
The “Bury a statue of St. Joseph in your yard in order to sell your house” came from a close friend who is from INDIANA. Which is somewhere right near Ohio. This is obviously a Midwestern trick that you have somehow missed out on. Take it and enjoy!

Taxlienguy,
Thanks for the PM. Does the Law also cover personal actions, not just thinking and planning? Somewhere I read that if you need to comb your hair in a parking lot, do it looking in the side mirror of a Mercedes, Cadillac, etc. instead of that of your own beat-up clunker. Visualize the shiny new car as yours. Am I off-base? Is this also part of the Law?

I do know that when you go to the bank asking for money, look so affluent and well-dressed as if you don’t need it. Banks prefer to lend money to people who don’t really need it. I always get spruced up to go to the bank.

yeah,

that comb your hair technique in the mirror of a mercedez was from RobinAtlanta who stated it on this forum…he gives really sold & sound advice by the way.

that is a really good example if it helps you understand…what Rob meant is that one should picture himself or herself at the status level they would like to be at…obviously a mercedez ias going to be a better status than a clunker…so use the mercedez mirror would be the best option becuase it makes you feel good to think about owning one…life, in my opinion, is always about trying to feel good for as much of each day as possible.

going to the bank looking good is also a good technique to feel confident and assured…whatever makes you feel good is the right path.

yes PM,

yes indeed a new car can appear. whether it be through the lottery or how have you.

I have seen things manifest right before my very eyes. Now, I can assure you this, if you do not have faith that there are powers that exist beyond that which you have seen with your own eyes, then you will more than likely not experience the miracle.

I have found over years a consistent trend…here is the trend. Most people, and I mean almost everyone, must be shown something before they are willing to believe it. They say, “okay, if that is so, then show me and I shall believe it.”…unfortunately, even thoguh I respect these answers, this is not the case. If one does not have faith that something can happen, then it wont.

My question to you is, why are you trying so hard to disprove that which I have faith in? Why do you even care so much what I think? I don’t judge other people, if someone wants to believe that the mango tree in their backyard is their lord & savior, then that is there business. You dont see me trying to convince you that I’m right and you are wrong, do you?..This is what I have faith in, and I’m having fun talking about the concept with a few others on the forum.

If you dont agree with this, then go and participate in something else. you have made yourself very clear, you are not down with this law. That is cool, that is fine. I could care less what you think…now, that doesnt mean I wish anything but the best for you…but how long are you gonna attempt to bash this concept?

And how are you so sure anyways?..do you really think that you are all knowing and all powerful?..Why should we on the forum trust you on every concept?

What proof do you have that this law of deliberate creation doesnt exist? You show me someproof that it does not exist and I will believe you. Otherwise, you can say all you want, it bothers me the least, but I think you could be using your time more wisely that spending it trying to disprove me because you are not down with the laws of the universe.

I’m not trying to prove to anyone that the law of attraction is NONSENSE, I’m simply pointing out that it is. It’s completely obvious to everyone that you’re not going to get rich by visualizing yourself as rich; pasting $1,000 monopoly money all over your house; or combing your hair in the mirror of someone else’s Mercedes. What WILL make you rich is to work your butt off doing something that is profitable. As for your assertion that simply WILLING a Mercedes to appear in the driveway will make it appear, all I have to say is RIDICULOUS!

prop manager,

I do have to thank you for a much needed laugh this evening…so thank you…

I’m going to post your last response here…you say…

I’m not trying to prove to anyone that the law of attraction is NONSENSE, I’m simply pointing out that it is.

“” I love you buddy…but that sentence makes no sense what so ever…so you say…I think you should read over what you wrote and eventually you will see…that some of your comments make no sense…it’s not your fault…you are a smart man…I just had you check mated…and in your attempt to save face…you made a valiant attempt to prove your point…but I have to say…you have not succeded…the statement…“I’m not trying to prove to anyone that the law of attraction is NONSENSE, I’m simply pointing out that it is.”…makes no sense at all…

But I give you credit for trying…it’s okay…your up againast an IQ that is in the high 140’s…so you did the best you could…kudo’s to you.!!!