land trust

Do I need a lawyer to setup a land trust? How do I go about setting it up?

Yes, you definitely need a lawyer. You have never done one before, have no idea what you are doing, and have no clue to the unique aspects of your state’s trust law. Get a professional involved.

In my state (SC), I can not even record a deed that has not been prepared by an attorney. So even if I knew what I was doing and had a good trust established, I would still need to get an attorney involved to transfer title to the trust.

Now, finding the attorney in your area who knows what you are talking about when you use the term “land trust” may be an even more difficult task.

check out
(Not my site)

Ward is the expert on this issue.