Land Equity Line of Credit???

Hello,

I’m a new investor and I’m trying to learn every angle of the game, does anyone know if there’s any such thing as getting an equity line of credit on land, similar to how there are home equity lines of credit? Does such a thing exist?

I own land that has appreciated substantially and I wanted to know if it’s possible to get a line of credit in the amount it has appreciated. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Thanks!

Buy the way, I’ve been reading all the posts, for someone new to this, the stuff you guys are posting is great, stuff.

Doubtful.

Raw land is very risky in a lender’s eye and usually the most that they will lend on land is 50%, though I’ve seen some go up as high as 70%.

Raj

Yes, you can get money out on land, but as he said…they will most likely only go up to 50% of what the land is worth. I have done this type of loan before as I am a loan officer. It also depends on what the county has it zoned as, your credit score, and your debt-to-income ratio in most situations.

Shaun

hi guys,

Just saw your response, thanks! I’ll look into it, most banks I spoke to told me no. I’m looking in Fort Meyers, FL.