Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

How’s everyone doing? I just wanted to introduce myself to the forum and let everyone know that I’m new to real estate investing and I might be asking a few random questions in the near future. I’ve been really getting into researching a bunch of different methods for the past 2 or 3 weeks, I’ve read some books, I’ve read a ton of articles and I’ve talked with a bunch of different people familiar with the processes. One thing I keep coming across from wherever I’ve been researching has been that whoever’s been providing me with the information wished they had gotten started sooner. I keep seeing people say that they wish they had spent more time doing than just reading and researching when they first started out. So I’m taking the advice of these people and I’m starting an active marketing campaign next week sometime.

Just to tell everyone a little bit about myself. I’m 23 years old, I live in Union County, NJ and I’m interested in getting started on flipping and wholesaling distressed properties in my area to build up some cash for marketing and reinvesting. Once I get familiar with the anatomy of a wholesale deal and I build up enough cash I want to start moving into some lease option deals as well. I intend to do this through some subject to deals as well as by getting into the foreclosure market in whatever capacity I can. Once I’ve gotten a number of lease option deals under my belt, I’ve built up a good amount of wealth, and I’ve gotten a decent positive monthly cash flow going I’m planning on going into multi-unit apartment buildings to increase that cash flow on a monthly basis. From there we’ll see what happens. As I said I’m just starting out here but it’s important to me to have a short-term and long-term plan so I can hold myself accountable and all that.

Anyway, as I said I just wanted to introduce myself here and if anyone has any suggestions or comments or whatever I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Welcome npknuck!

What you will find here is a wealth of knowledge and experience, as well as a group of folks extremely willing to share and help you as they can…

Sounds like you’ve a “good track to run in…”

I think it it pretty much universal among us ‘older’ folks that we wished that we’d started earlier or “if I knew then what I know now…”

Good luck – if you need help, the brain-trust and experience of this forum is just a post away!

Keith

Thanks, I appreciate the willingness to help around here. You’ll see me posting from time to time as I get more in-depth with the things I’ll be working on. It’s good to know I have another place I can ask questions and all while I’m starting out.