I am planning on making some calls to title companies in my area this week and figured it might be helpful to gather a list of questions one should ask when selecting a title servicer.
I’ll list the questions I think are needed and hopefully other members will chime in and clarify and/or add to the list.
Ask for the most “investor friendly” agent.
- Do they work with assignments? Without assignor being present at close?
- Can they handle double closings if they are necessary? If so, can 1 title search be used for the whole process?
- Do they provide lists of NOD’s, probate, absentee owners…?(add to this please)
- Will they be willing to discount on volume title searches if all closings take place through them?
- Can they provide any investor references?
Am I missing anything important? Anything regarding escrow services?
Thanks for the help