Internet marketing plan for information products

Too early to really say if it’s going to work or not, so far so good though.

The key to using a BLOG is not only posting valuable and attractive information, but also utilizing SEO, Backlinking, Social Bookmarking, Etc… Being able to achieve this will begin to put traffic on autopilot for you and then you just continue to provide valuable information that is geared to actually help people succeed. Whether that information is free or paid is up to you. Doug I love the fact that you mentioned Viral! By creating a viral website or blog you will get much traffic and you will have readers who will always come back!

Also for AlexLock, the key to choosing a hot affiliate product is by looking for somehting that people actually want and need. With so many affiliate products out there, you don’t want to just market anything. You need to go for what is in demand and what can bring the most value to the table.

If you get to the point where you can create your own product, then that is when you are in it to win it! Then you can get affiliates of your own to help you…

Outsourcing is another way to free up some time and take the weight of direct marketing off your shoulders. It can be costly, but depending on what you do and how you do it… It will be well worth it and likely pay for itself.

Fadi

Actually I’m trying to create a plan where at least half of my purchasing traffic is driven by offline means, not seo. What have you been able to successfully do offline that has been working for you?

I give seminars and pass out flyer at networking events. I’m considering signs, but am wary of using them cause of the fines the sign police give. I am going to get very active in two REIAs in my area. Anyone else can chime in.

Are we still talking about marketing information products?

Depends on who are you trying to attract. Obviously offline marketing usually targets local people only and going free, means mainly associations and internet marketing. You still need to let them know of what you have to offer.

Try to see if they have something in common such as local magazine subscription, licensing, or something similar? can you buy their email list if one exists for cheap? if so, you can email them or put them on an autoresponder service. REI Clubs would be happy to offer you a mailing to their subscribers, but it might be too hefty of a fee and they won’t give you the list.

As far as online and free, go with YouTube if you can. I’ve read somewhere that it is the second largest search engine after google (even though it is owned by google). Lets say you post 10 4-10 minutes tutorials/guides with references back to your site. That will generate quiet the traffic.

Other option is viral marketing where you write a 10 to 20 page ebook that is basically an overgrown sales letter with plugs for your product all over and lets them taste what is there and sell it on ebay for $0.99 with full resale and distribution rights.

I only concentrate on local market for the Real Estate Investing (buy/sell), and for that I use post cards. I am working on a new project plan for something different and I will be testing it locally, then state wide, then nationally. For that, I will be using email for the obvious cost factor and follow it with a two step marketing for those who are prime prospects.

Now you know who you’ll be growing with in the IM part of the REI biz.

to all that have responded to this thread, Stay in touch

Hassan, Fadi did have some great points.

I would definitely suggest using signs if at all possible. A buddy of mine put out 8 signs in high traffic areas and managed to get 17 calls from Buyers in one day.

However, they were snatched up the next day…

The key is to put the signs out at the end of the week and pick them up before the week begins.

Signs work with the right message and of course the right location. Size Does Matter! :biggrin

-Lamar

I agree signs definitely work, however here in atlanta code enforcement is out in force. Last year I got fined $500 for one sign which made me rethink the strategy and got me to focus more on direct mail.

Direct mail puts the info into the hands of the folks i want to focus on and costs less per real lead generated.

I hate to distract from this forum, but what is the best forum that you’ve interacted with on info marketing? (please don’t say your own)

Bill Myers by far the best out there. bmyers.com

How has he helped your biz?

I love learning new things and seeing how things are done, so to be clear I own much more resources than a membership to one site.

Bill covers creating information product DVDs. I’ve used his guidance to setup a home recording studio, and video editing. I am working on couple of large projects short term (6 to 12 months) and other bigger ones (12-36 months).

I can’t say I learned much beyond the DVD recording, creation and editing, but I already have the knowledge I need from all the other resources I have and the speaking I have done.

Bill has one of his training DVDs in the library of congress, and associated with big names such as Dan Kennedy…etc. although he never talks about it, just others point it out when they find out about it.

Besides, it is $10/month so worth the look. I keep my membership for motivation, more than anything.

I love reading and listening to anything by dan kennedy. I also read and listen to

John Carlton
Gary Halbert
Joe Sugarman
Jay Abraham
Yanik Silver sometimes, he is full of fluffs and not much substance in his public products.

cool. I’ll look into.
I got started by reading this free book I got from Fred Gleeck a couple of years ago. As it usually is in the case of good info, i didn’t open it til January of this year. I would reccomend his work as well.

Get Vincent James’s 12 Month Millionaire book or ebook. It is for around $25 or you can grab it from one of the online sites.

This one is a goldmine and extremely cheap. Vincent goes into details of and numbers. He does advocates direct marketing though so there is money to be spent to follow him. He makes $100,000,000 a year in direct marketing.

I would send it to you, but its 65 megs.

FTP it up to your site and post a link. For gleecks book visit fredgleeck.com

It all depends on the products that are for sale and if they are something people look for. You’re asking for an SEO plan to generate leads. Not sure if anyone has written a month by month SEO plan specially since the internet is fast moving.

Cool concept thanks for sharing!

I only concentrate on local market for the Real Estate Investing (buy/sell), and for that I use post cards. I am working on a new project plan for something different and I will be testing it locally, then state wide, then nationally. For that, I will be using email for the obvious cost factor and follow it with a two step marketing for those who are prime prospects.