Interested in Financial Security

Hi All,
I’m Dwayne, and I’m caressing the tender age of 34. I can no longer ignore the signals in various investment venues that the possibilities of great financial security exist in the real estate market. As a result of this, I am on a journey of self-education. Currently, my focus is the real estate market with the objective of finding ways to make money. I’m interested in finding out about real estate investment tips and strategies. I would also like to find out how effective the current online strategies used in the real estate market are. What are the ‘real’ money making processes of today’s real estate market?

I would also like to find out how effective the current online strategies used in the real estate market are. What are the ‘real’ money making processes of today’s real estate market?

Hi Euanye,

Welcome to the forum. However, I’m not sure what you’re talking about when you say “Current online strategies”. Real estate investing really hasn’t changed over the past 100 years. In fact, I would say that real estate investing is the opposite of an internet business. Real estate is a get-out-of-the-house and meet people kind of business. You can make a lot of money and build wealth in real estate, but it is a LOT of work! Basically you can buy and sell real estate, or you can buy and rent real estate. It’s just about that basic.

Keep reading the forums and ask questions. You will find your answer.

Good Luck,

Mike

Sup Euanye

At the age of 16, you might not take me serious cause I havent even purchases anything yet, but here I go.

Summarizing:
If you want to make alot of money big chuncks at a time, you shoud find houses that need work in decent/good neighborhoods, buy them at a discount(around 70%-repairs). Fix up and sell.

Or…

You could buy houses and rent it. Make sure you evaluate the property to make sure it has possitive cash flow.

When i grow up, im going to rent.

Dwayne

What is your financial position right now?

Do you need cash today?

There is so many ways to make money in real estate it is really hard to answer your question.

Each real estate investor has their own particular style or niche of real estate investing.

Some like to have lump sums of cash and hate tenants so they constantly flip.
Some like to build up their wealth by purchasing solely rentals.
Some do both.

It will take time to figure out which particular path you want to take when you start off and that depends a lot on your cash position today.

Thanks for responding. By online strategies, I meant considering everything else has developed it’s own niche on the internet, I naturally assumed that Real Estate was no exception.

Thanks Hoosier4life2005. I must say I am rather impressed to find someone your age not only perusing this forum, but also contributing to it as well. I suspect that you’ll be generations ahead of your piers.

I’m a bit embarrassed to admit that at my age my financial situation is not the greatest, but it is becoming more stable. As a result, I have started researching for ideal investment venues, and real estate caught my eye.

Is it possible to become involved in Real Estate investing in a more passive way?