Insurance for a flip? Where to get(California)

I tried to insure a house I bought that I plan on flipping. Called a place or two and both insurance companies said that they will not insure a house that is being remodeled. Said there is no company in California that will provide insurance. How do people go about getting a home insured?


Yes, their is insurance available in California for vacant being remodeled homes! Call a couple of insurance brokers (Not agents for specific carriers) and ask this broker about Vacant Home Insurance for Investors, it is now around $800 for 6 months but well worth it.

If you don’t get connected this way call one of the local “Real Estate Investor Associations” (REIA) and ask them for a referral to a Home Fix and Flip Vacant Home Insurance Carrier or Agency and you’ll get what your after.

Good Luck,