im a new investor, how do i get contact info to any REO Depts

im a new investor, how do i get contact info to any REO Depts

Are you looking for a certain lender? What are you trying to do? If you are going to try and contact REO departments directly to make offers on their REO properties, I think you’ll find it’s a waste of time. Most (nearly all) REO properties are listed with an agent, so you’ll need to go through the listing agent to make an offer. Most lenders/asset management companies have contacted the agent before the foreclosure is complete, so even if the property isn’t officially “listed” in the MLS yet, it’s probably already been assigned to an agent

Good advice missmbb. Remember also that many lenders post thier REOs on-line at their web sites. Almost all direct you to the listing agent. Two other great sources of properties are HUD owned and VA owned. I’ll routinely bid 6-8 properties in my state a week. I particularly like HUDs because they post bid results daily. If your bid is accepted, you have 48 hours to get the paperwork and earnest money to them. This is usually enough time to go look at the property. If you then decide it’s a no- go, you simply don’t submit the paperwork.

LOL

If you are a new investor, I would not start my investing career in REO’s. There is too much red tape, and you may get discouraged even before you start. You might want to try something to just get your feet wet, like wholesaleing.