Ideas for what to put on a business card, please

I am getting some business cards made to promote my real estate investing business.

I like Mike Carbbonare’s attitude of promoting yourself as a property manager instead of an investor.

Any good ideas on wording?

Also, given the extremely weak housing market where I live (Holland, MI), I was thinking of putting something about helping sellers move their property.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

TIA

Who will you be giving out your post cards to? if to potential home sellers, then personally I do not like the property manager promotion. Your post card needs to tell them how you can buy their house right now in any condition if they choose to. My current marketing post card is based on Michael Quarles’s course. Half the card is red, the other is yellow with reverse font color. Top half just has “I Buy Houses” and bottom is my phone number in big font with small font my name and company name. On the back I have some generic message of how we buy any area, any condition.

I think bold and simple is best for general use.

WE BUY HOUSES
CASH OFFERS
IN 24 HOURS

or something similar with you contact info.
I have nicer full color cards for networking and such.
I use to be in the print business, if you like send me your info and I will put some layouts together for you.

No charge :biggrin

Something catchy like a poem, easy to remember. That you should think hard about it. Like I made for myself: Stan “The Man” Will Help Again. People are smiling and they definitely remember this.

Thanks for the idea, simple seems better.

I am planning on doing lease options, so is say “Cash” appropriate?

Thanks.

If you aren’t paying cash, and I mean entirely cash, i wouldn’t put it on there. If you need to flesh it out a little bit i would throw something like “I Buy your problem(head ache, difficult, etc…your choice) properties. Fast closings”

huh? and why not?

I agree, my business is up and running now. I chose not to advertise CASH FAST or 24 HOURS or anything of that nature.

Just the good old I BUY HOUSES with my vanity number and website. How am i going to go into every deal with them thinking they’re going to walk out that day, when i have to line up my buyers and show them the property while i have it under contract for 14 days.

I’d recommend adding a specific guarantee to tell your prospects you mean business. Personally speaking, I think just saying We Buy Houses - Cash Offers - In 24 Hours is something anyone can put on a business card: it’s too generic. If you can say something (and back it up) like ‘Housing Management Team Wants To Buy Your House - Cash Transactions done in less than 24 Hours or we’ll give you back 1% of the Sale Value’.

Granted that’s just an example, but it really differentiates yourself from anyone else who is looking to buy/flip houses. A message like that gives the homeowner the perspective that you are a professional organization and that you mean business. Just my two cents…

I think bold and simple is best for general use.

WE BUY HOUSES
CASH OFFERS
IN 24 HOURS

Then you can blend in with the other billion new real estate investors out there. Why not try to differentiate yourself instead of blending in with your competition. Put a little thought into it and come up with something catchy and memoraable that will make your prospects remember you.

If you can’t come up with anything unique, catchy and memorable then try the $100 bill business cards. People hang on to those things forever and even show there friends. There is a thread in this marketing forum that has some links to where you can buy them. Then just add something original and memorable. Just throw something simple together like the guy did in the quote below.

Something catchy like a poem, easy to remember. That you should think hard about it. Like I made for myself: Stan "The Man" Will Help Again. People are smiling and they definitely remember this.

Granted, it’s very cheesy, but so is Lucky Buys Yucky Houses. Cheesy and memorable works.

I would put your company name and a caption with telephone number on front. Something like:

Property Acquisitions Inc.

“We buy your unwanted property NOW”
(714) 555-1212

Then on the back, put coupons to your local fast food or mom n pop restaurants. Like “10% of Subway”. Of course, you need to get permission from the restaurants.

Then I would mail or place these business cards on active, expired, canceled and withdrawn listings.

Regards

My cards read-

Company Name
We Take Over House Payments!
No Equity? No Problem!

I also focus primarily on L/O and Sub2 deals.

I like odd shaped cards too. Rounded edges, square, etc.

Like Yucky said, try not to blend in with everyone else. Those “We Buy Houses” ads or signs are like litter now. No one sees those things anymore.