I need a script! asap

I am currently in the process of building my buyers list. Does anyone have a good script they use when talking to investors?

First of all, you need to know what type of investor you are or want to be. Are you a wholesaler, a buy and hold investor, or are you looking to buy and sell REOs? Once you know what type of investor you are or want to be, then you need to figure out what type of buyer you’re looking for. Once you’ve identified your target buyer, then you can go to meetings in person or online and tell people what kind of investor you are and what type of buyer you’re looking for. You should be able to talk comfortable about this.

If you go to Craigslist.org, Backpage.com or some other web classified site and advertise for buyers, be prepared to intelligently talk to them about what you do and what you’re looking for in a buyer. You don’t need a script. Some people are terrible with scripts. Either they sound like robots or they get tripped up, when reading it. Scripts aren’t flexible.

As with talking to motivated sellers, you should ask open ended questions. Listen more than you speak.

Good luck!

some good advice… thank you

so basically just know my stuff before i have to talk to anyone

Yes, this is a business. You should always know your stuff otherwise you’ll look bad.

Anyone afraid of “looking bad” shouldn’t be in business!!!

Just take a leap and go for it. Make the script as you go. You’re not gonna die if you mess up and look bad. Sure, you might get embarassed but big deal… trial by fire is the FASTEST way to learn.

Don’t make promises you can’t keep, and don’t write checks you can’t afford to lose - you’ll be ahead of 90% of the other investors out there…

Let me clarify what I meant about looking bad. I meant looking incompetent and unprofessional.

When you refer to type of Investors and say “wholesaler” and “buy and sell REO’s”… are they similar Investors? wouldn’t you be wholesaling if you bought a REO and turn around and sold for a quick but cheap profit to a Buyer/Investor??? I’m not clear as to the differents! :help

I used to use scripts and auto phrases like “Is that the best you can do!?”. I find that just talking normally and feeling your way through the conversation is better. I makes you sound less scripted and builds confidence also. When you read scripts you are creating a dependency that you don’t need.

What I would do is make a list of the points you wish to hit and memorize them. When a seller calls me I try to build report and get the name, address, asking price, ect, etc. To be honest all I need from a seller now is the address and I will get the other information I need.

Thanks for the replies guys! I guess im just going to jump in and learn as I go!