I need a letter to send to people in the probate court

Hello, I need help constructing a nice letter to send to potential investments in probate. If anyone has had lots of luck with their letters if you could share it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Rob

Do a google search and modify what you find. People are tight with their letters as they don’t want others in their same area to use the same thing.

Just make sure the bases are covered as they are on my probate letter. That you are very sorry to hear of their loss and that you realize that one point in time they may be interested in selling the property. That you understand that the job they have as an executor or executee can be a daunting task. If they are interested in selling it you would be interested in buying it. Bla, Bla, Bla.

The primary objective is nothing more than letting them give you a no strings attached offer. That’s it. Be gentle due to the circumstances. Send it 6 weeks after filing and another 6 weeks after that.

Thank you for your reply. I have tried google to search for letters to send to the executors of an estate and still cant find any. What should I type in the search engine for better results?

Thank you

Rob

It’s not quite as complicated as you may think. There are NO “secrets”. Just put yourself in their position. They just had a family member die and they have a huge burden of having to deal with the property. To sell it all. Many people do not like to sell stuff and are just doing it because they HAVE to. And the beneficiaries all want their cut.

There is another thing you can do which is a little slick but it will get you a property for what you want to pay for it. You buyout one of the beneficiaries. You know, the desperate one who just wants their 2K now. You then are a part owner of the house and any part owner can FORCE the sale of a house. AND each and every person has to agree on the sales price, INCLUDING you. If they want to sell it for more to someone else and you can’t work a deal with them than let them. You will get a chunk of cash larger than what you paid the beneficiary if you planned it right.

Look here and you will hear basically what I already told you. The letter is sincere. The letter should tell them that you are buying it AS IS so they don’t have to worry about the costs of repairing the house for a realtor to be willing to take it, etc. Probate houses are often in bad need of repairs as the person who died often was too sick or old to get anything done. Just write a letter to someone as if they were a friend who’s mom died and you were offering to buy her house. Keep it relatively short and friendly with a no strings attached offer that you would like to give if they are interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZIei0L3dQA

Better you search in any one of the search engine.

Youre going to send a letter to dead people?

Two lists might help a little better. Try free and clears and ownership over 25 years… Both will typically be probate canidates soon… Try your church newsletter as well. Probate prospecting is a difficult fruit to harvest and you may want to concider spending your time are a large portion of it on a prospect that you know wants to sell their house… ie FSBOers, Expireds, Pre-foreclosure farms around a just listed and just sold and active for rents.

Good luck

Michael

LOL, Michael, I hope you’re joking. Or possibly you haven’t thought of this tried and true method of finding great deals.

Youre going to send a letter to dead people?

The assigned executor or execute who is settling the property of the dead relative, which in a great deal of cases it all gets sold and the heirs split the cash.

A lot of gurus tell you to send out a the standard boiler plate letter… I saw there was a death in your family, etc…

I don’t like to send those types of letters. I just send out a post card that says “Sell you house as-is on the date of your choice”.

Actually here is what I send out:

How to sell your house “as is” for a fair price on the date of your choice…

If you want to sell your house in the fastest, easiest, and most convenient manner, read this important message. You may discover the perfect solution…

Selling a house is usually an expensive and complicated process. That’s why real estate agents make thousands (sometimes tens of thousands) of dollars on a single sale. But, when I buy your house, there aren’t any commissions to pay.

I buy a number of houses each month in every price range. But the best part is, I use private funds that require no long, drawn out bank approvals. So I can act fast! If we come to an agreement, I can pay all cash with no contingencies. I’ll explain everything in plain English, handle all of the paperwork and make all the arrangements.

Imagine, by this time next week (or on the date of your choice) your house could be sold at a fair price. Can I really buy your house this quickly and easily? Maybe. Maybe not. A lot of it depends on you. If you want to get way above market price for your house, don’t bother calling me. I’m a professional and I do expect to make a fair profit. But I’m not out to steal your house either. My profit will come from my future buyer or tenant.

Sell your house now in the fastest, easiest, and most convenient manner. Call, fax, email me, or visit my web site now to learn more. You may discover the perfect solution!
Sincerely,

Larry Hoffman	
LJH Investments, LLC

Hope this helps.

Larry

Larry,

Do you get many people wanting to sell their house to you for full market value due to this statement:

If you want to get way above market price for your house, don’t bother calling me. I’m a professional and I do expect to make a fair profit. But I’m not out to steal your house either. My profit will come from my future buyer or tenant.

Larry, I appreciate you sharing your marketing with me and the rest of the club. I just needed a general description of what to say as to not come off as a non-caring house thief but as a professional investor who is able to benefit both parties.