I need a direction..

Hi< i have been on this forum for about a year or so now and iam very interested in rei as my dad use to do it before he passed away and before i could get any lessons from him…

What iam asking is what woudl be best for me iam about to turn 18 in 3 weeks iam out of hs and i really want to be invloved in this field…

Any thing tips or books you tink i shoudl read or steps i should take from starting now…

Iam mainly interested in like owning rentals… or rehabs…
But iam open to all parts…
Thank you

Start with a solid foundation. Take care of your credit and try to slowly build up some assets.

You may try “bird dogging” to build up your finances and get your feet wet. Use OPM (Other Peoples Money).

Do you think finding someone who is invloved in this to mentor me a good idea. while am building my credit…

Absolutely!

I was looking on ebay and i had a ? why in the world are they selling land for like $1k and acre and saying it will be worth way more in the future… if that is true why arent they holding on to the properties for there on profit… btw the properties are in texas in the middle of nowhere…

most of the stuff on eBay is real crap. alot of it is acquire by buying at tax sales a lot of stuff that no one else will buy becuase it has nearly no value.

also I have looked closely at several properties on eBay and had more than once sellers make factually incorrect statements about the status of the title and how they obtained the property, how long they owned, etc.

use extreme caution on eBay properties. there are much better ways to find deals and not have to deal with scammers

There is some swamp land in Florida that if it were drained… :deal:

lol…

So what would you all sugggest if i wanted to own my own trailer park… isnt that a good income aswell…

Iam thinking about joining the reserves and they pay for my schooling but i dont know what classes to take that would benifit me about rei…

First off, go to your local library and check out all the books on real estate investing. Don’t forget interlibrary loan, as even if your branch doesn’t have a copy of something, they can get it for you from another location.
Read those to help you decide which area of REI interests you the most. There are a lot of different avenues you could pursue.

Buy The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller. The best no-nonsense book I have ever read. For $22 you can get the best advice on getting started and building wealth.

Save thousands of $ by NOT buying every program out there. Most are a waste of time and money.

Jan

Hey,
AGree with the above. Million Dollar REInvestor is a must, foundational book for your rei library.
Peace,
Richard