I Got A New Job In RE Sales

I was originally in the real estate investment business as a wholesaler, but due to a strong downturn in my local market I was pretty much out of the industry for the last year or so.

Now, the owner of one of the biggest RE investment companies in my town offered me a job as a sales marketer. So, now I have to switch my RE mindset from trying to find home sellers to home buyers in a slow market.

I came up with a list of a few things I was planning on using in my marketing strategy. Let me know what all of you think.

1.) Professional for sale sign in the yard with flyer tube (also was thinking of using some kind of lighting for the signs because the company’s signs are black)
2.) Distribute “Choose Your Neighbor” doorhangers to the surrounding neighborhood to try and get referrals
3.) Professional website with property listings and professionally done search engine optimization to get traffic from search engines
4.) Classified ads in the newspaper
5.) Letters to local real estate agents offering a buyers commission if they find a buyer
6.) Business cards

Notes: Many of the different marketing strategies will list a phone number, email address, website address, and a $500 finders fee offer. Also, the letters to agents will only be done every so often because I will tell them to bookmark our website and to just check there for our current properties.

That’s all basic good stuff. No reason to reinvent the wheel!

Those are all great avenues to pursue. The question is, what is your spending budget?