how to find a real estate mentor?

I agree that you must be coachable to succeed in real estate or any other business. If you’re not willing to do the work, you won’t learn anything. My coaching progam is one where I make sure I partner with the students so they know I have a vested interest in their success.

Also I don’t take on just anyone, they have to be interested in truly building their business and not quit when they run into difficulties or their first couple of deals go south. No crybabies allowed on my team, they have to show they are willing to stick it out and not quit.

Sondra

Those who succeed find a reason to take action and those who fail list excuses and fear and criticism on forums like this. Find someone who is living the lifestyle you want, find out what they are doing, then repeat those actions often…and stop wasting time making excuses…life can be tough…buy a helmet and get to work!

If you don’t want to live in a nice house and neighborhood and if you don’t want to drive BMWs or Mercedes, and if you don’t want to be able to afford to travel around the world when it pleases you, go get a job!

Hope this helps.
Rob

I think you should work for a while with local or any real estate agent without paying any money. It will help you to know about their process and how they work in the industries.

There are a lot of real estate investing coaches that do mentoring, but they charge a lot of money. Some want thousands of dollars. You have to find a mentor that does not charge too much money and that fits your budget because if it does not work out, you do not want to be left with no money to find another mentor to work with you.

Find connections in your local area or in Facebook.

I personally have never paid for coaching. I’ve come close many times but never pulled the trigger. I’ve known many people who’ve done it and had success, but also heard of many others who have done it and not succeeded.

I’ve had many informal “mentors” over the years who I’ve learned a lot from. I have never directly asked someone to be a mentor however.

I think if you can make yourself valuable to someone you’d like to learn from, you can gain them as a mentor pretty easily. Anything you can do to make their lives easier they will appreciate, and they will repay you by passing along some wisdom.

Self education is best in my opinion. Pick one person doing it online and try to stick with them. Listening to 20 different strategies will leave you with analysis paralysis or spinning on a hamster will. Commit to one successful one and get going

To find a Real estate mentor you first have to decide what type of real estate you want to pursuit: residential, commercial, etc.