How many wholesale or rehab deals are you doing per month/year?

I’m curious about how many deals experienced investors are able to do. So if you guy’s don’t mind answering the following:

How many wholesale deals are you able to do per month or year?
How many rehab deals are you able to do per month or year?
How much time do you put in to real estate investing? (5 hours per week, 20, 60, etc…)
What area of the country do you invest in?

thanks

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php/topic,25009.0.html

How many rehab deals are you able to do per month or year? We usually do 2 per year. But, it looks like we may do three this year.

How much time do you put in to real estate investing? (5 hours per week, 20, 60, etc…) When I’m looking for deal… about 15 hours per week. When we’re actually in the project usually about 30 hours X 2 people, so 60 man hours plus any subs that we have come in to do work.

What area of the country do you invest in? San Diego, CA

How many rehabs do you do per year?
I am currently working on 9 rehab projects and have 6 full time guys working under me. I have closed 7 flips so far this year, and my goal is to complete and sell 24 flips this year.

I put maybe 10 hours a week into rehabbing, managing guys and paying them. My typical rehabs require new plumbing, kitchens, and baths as well as a good bit of electrical work.

I can get a whole house of carpet, cabinet, fixtures, and appliances within 1-2 days

A typical kitchen including tear out- and reinstall with new flooring, and cabinets sink and counter top runs about 40 hours or $600

A typical bathroom tear out and remodel with new tub, plumbing, floor, toilet and vanity is about 20-28 hours or $300-$400

Generally an entire home remodel interior runs about 160 man hours with door replacement, trim replacement, new flooring, cabinets, tub shower, etc.

I do business in Grand Rapids, MI which is one of the worst places in the U.S for real estate and employment. For my own selfishness I hope it never gets better because when it was “good” it was hard to make money. Now that it’s “bad” Im lovin it.

Eric Medemar

Im just wondering Eric, If it’s “bad” there, How does that equal good on your part? Does that mean more people are moving and selling their houses cheap?