How do I find GC's that can build 100 houses per year?

I’m currently doing my first build. Everything is going well, but I pulled an owner-builder permit because I’m going to live in it.

After this, I want to build another one. I have many GC’s that will pull the permit for a fee, and I have a pretty good team of subcontractors that I know can get the job done. But, in the future, if I want to build let’s say 100 houses per year, then how can I find a GC that is capable of that type of work load.

Im sure in the process of scaling from 1 home to 100 you will run into various people by networking that can point you in the direction of someone local that can handle that

It’s good to think big, but focus on succeeding at building 1 house for now. Refine your systems, then try to scale up.

Building 5 houses a year is a lot more challenging than building 1 house. Even if you hire a GC it’s a lot of work to manage that GC.

Scale up incrementally so you’re in control, and the answer to the question you asked will be more apparent the bigger you grow.

Why don’t you just contact a large GC firm like PCL Construction and ask them for a quote on 100 houses? Have them explain to you the numbers on other similar projects to help you decide whether you want to hire them. Ask them to refer you to one of their GCs who did that project. You could even joke to that GC, how much would you need to come up with to steal him from PCL.

It’s good to think big and think ahead. Jumping from 1 to 100 is a big jump though. I would suggest scaling in stages. Try and jump from 1 to 10 a year. Build those systems and get that experience and then build to the 25 a year etc etc

I would utilize your network as much as possible, and also try networking with other builders / developers in your area to see if they can recommend anyone.