How can you afford to hire contractors to do maintenance in large properties?

Well I feel like I’ve learned more in this one conversation than in preschool through my unfinished “college” put together. I shouldn’t waste time with things I can learn from Google or other sources.

I feel like I owe you something.

Thanks?

Want a Lamborghini in 5 years?

You already have one?

Here’s some more stories from my first 10 months on the job. My main drinking buddy was a convicted sex offender. He was with a 17 year old girl when he was in his early 40s.

I remember one day telling him while drunk…

“My dad pays me the same either way, so I really don’t care what goes on here.”

And…

“It costs me over $250 to evict someone, so a person has to be $250 behind in rent for it to even be worth it to me.”

(not knowing that I could get a judgement to cover court costs at the time)

Lol!!!

But when all is said and done. When I got the place, it took in rent at a rate of $42,000/year. It’s now at $72,000 and will be at $78,000 after I kick some people out in early May.

Also, I’m about to hook them all up with Internet ($39/month with a commercial router that can reach the whole park) so they can pay me online, so I don’t even have to come here… let alone spend all day getting myself covered in roofing tar.

This is exactly right, except that I am now responsible for keeping the books on this RV Park so I think I will be able to get a handle of cash flow, reserves, etc. fairly quickly. I would like to think that I’m a fast learner.

One glaring thing about my park is that the maintenance cost is ridiculous. How do I know when a septic drain field is going to need to be replaced? But when it happens, there’s a few thousand dollars. You said it before “be proactive about maintenance.”

That, and the legal costs of evictions from when I was kicking out a lot of people recently. At that time, I didn’t know about filing for damages and court costs, etc.

I’m also in the mode of turning it into the “Beverly Hills of Trailer Parks,” at the same time.

:beer

It’s very important not to buy property unless you have plenty of money to do so. You need to calculate all expenses before buying any property; otherwise you do not buy it because otherwise, you will be in a worse predicament than what you are.