Hot real estate markets

Can anyone recommend a good market/state/county to wholesale properties in?

I am looking for emerging markets where investors have a hunger to buy?

Thanks in advance.

Start at your local REIA meeting and find active investors…

I live in Indianapolis and I have had a good deal of success purchasing and wholesaling properties here for the past 5 years. It’s possible to pick up many homes for less than 50 cents on the dollar (in non war zone areas) and still leave plenty of room for an investor or end buyer after rehab.

RJ

Boise, Idaho has been going strong this whole time. There has been a slow down but going from 25+% appreciation to 9% seems like stomping on the brakes. At least we haven’t found reverse…yet. All of Idaho has continued to appreciate at a pretty good rate.

If you have any questions, I’d be happy to answer what I can or pass you along to someone who knows the answer.

Im in a really sticky situation myself. I live in Peru, Indiana. There isnt ANY jobs in this 10,000 populated town. The closest town is Kokomo, which is 20 minutes away, and Delphi and Crystler(both provide ALOT of jobs) are laying off alot of people. Peru’s market is DEAD as a doornail.

Terrible for me.

So. You are obviously thinking of moving, because it’s pretty difficult to do dozens of hot real estate deals 4 states over from where you live.

My suggestion is that you pick a place where you would like to live and learn how the market works in that area.

Real estate varies by area, and investing in real estate can vary quite a bit from one area to another. But you can make money in real estate in any town in the USA. All you have to do is to pay attention to how the locals do it.

There is no reason to live someplace that you don’t like because you can do real estate anywhere.

There is a pretty good web site out there that predicts three year trends using a very sophisticated matrix. It is not a bad place to research the general trends for various areas around the country. The site is www.edsforecast.com. However, nothing beats feet on the ground and discussions with investors in the actual area.