Home Insurance Question

I just purchased a 3 family home in CT ( I will reside in the house), this is my second property. I own a SFR in NY and will be keeping that since my parents will live there.

1. I am interested in finding out what is the best way to get a good rate of Home Insurance?
  2. Does using same insurer as my SFR give me a price reduction?
  3. Do prices vary largely from one insurer to the other? Any recommendations for cheap insurers for multi’s?
  4. Any idea what I can expect to pay in New Haven, CT for a 3 Fam house?
I am interested in finding out what is the best way to get a good rate of Home Insurance?

Not sure that I understand the question.

2) Does using same insurer as my SFR give me a price reduction?

Based on my experience… yes. Check with your agent and see. I know that I receive a HO insurance discount because my cars are insured with the same agency.

3) Do prices vary largely from one insurer to the other? Any recommendations for cheap insurers for multi's?

Do they vary? Absolutely! I recently had a client that was quoted $2700 annually by one insurer and $1500 by another for the same coverage.

State Farm seems to be reasonable.

If you are military or retired military, USAA has phenomenal rates…

Keith

Yes, you get a discountif you have primary residence and auto together. No discount for rental property as its considered “commerical”.

I just asked my State Farm agent this question yesterday while reviewing some policies.

Mike