help dont know where to start

Hi I live in Houston, TX i want to learn how to get in this I went to a Russ Whitney seminar it was great but spending a couple of thousand for a three day training class is it worth it. I got a hold of RON Legrand’s tapes on the cash flow system sound great. IM new dont really know where or how to begin i guess i can start by joining the investing club here in Houston any one have any other ideas thanks

I’m a slow typist…

I cut and past from another board…

That’s a really broad question…

You’ve already started with educating yourself… So, give us an idea of what you already understand and what you don’t…

What appeals to you so far…

In the meantime… to help you… Here are the things you’ll need to ask yourself and put down on paper.

Where are you at educational wise currently?
Where are you financially Now??
Asses your strengths… both… of yourself and relationships… that could help you…

What is your risk tolerance… ?? You’ve already said you don’t want to fall but once… ?? What does that mean… ??

You need to make a plan?? Keep in mind… Your plan will probably change 180 degrees from where you start… but, that’s ok…

To make a plan… think of the end result and plan backwards…

David Alexander

Nick,

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you posting.

David is correct. That’s a very broad question. One that get’s ask a lot and it’s not easy to answer in a single post.

Don’t spend thousands of dollars on high priced seminars just yet. There’s an easier, and less expensive way to learn this business.

First, I recommend that you join the Rich Club in Houston. It’s a great place to start. www.richclub.org. Since I’m in Austin, I’m not an active member, but I’ve been to several of their meetings and they are definitely a “class act.”

Second, in response to so many people asking this same question on this board (regarding how to get started in this business) I’ve been thinking about putting together a downloadable book (e-book) on how I got into this business and what steps I would take if I were going to start over knowing what I know now.

If this sounds like something you or anyone else on this board would be interested in, send me an e-mail and let me know. I’m not sure yet if I’m going to do it or not, but if it seems like there’s enough interest, I will.

Send an email to:

webuyhouses@austin.rr.com

Thanks.