gregford company lenders

Just a heads up. A person posted here not long ago about lending to investors. Posted as the gregford company.
Here is what I found out.
The guy is from Nigeria. Is willing to loan me 900K at 3% for 6-9yrs, interest only.
They will put the money in my account all they want me to do is contact a company that will insure the loan and get it insured.
I haven’t heard from the insurance company but I am sure they will want me to put a bunch of money in their account before the send the money to me.

Duh!

This has a terrible smell to it. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I can send this info so they can track this guy down and castrate him.

thanks

Common sense… Bad gut feeling …

I have hard time dealing with people that don’t listen to themselves. If you are unsure means that, either you don’t understand or don’t have all the information to make the logical decision. Too good to be true? Most likely, it is… Like some of you, I’ve learned the lesson the hard way. IF you must do what your gut is warning you …tell them that, you will put the money into trust account and when you get your funds … they get theirs … no exceptions… You will see the true colors. Good Investing to everyone!

I don’t think there is any question this is a scam.

I’m just wondering how I can give this to someone that persues these people.

International fraud/computer crimes are handled by the Secret Service.

http://www.reiclub.com/forums/index.php?board=;action=viewprofile;user=gregford

Keith

Thanks,
just heard back from the company insuring the loan, also in Nigeria. GregFord is sending over the loan package and $400.00.
I am suppose to send over $400.00 and all of my account info so they can send the money to my bank.

I have sent everything to the secret service.

The lottery gag was one thing, that was pretty obvious, but people fell for it. This is a little more thought through it seems.

I can’t believe people actually fall for this stuff.

I saw the ads by Gregford and it’s very obvious that they are not legit when they don’t even have a business phone number or website. If you look, signs are there.

Hurrikane: you fell for it too, to a certain extent since there has been communication and transmission between you and Gregford. I am no different but catch it before I spend too much time on it. Time is money…

yes they do fall for this stuff all the time and all most of us are doing is just trying to get by and trying to make a living    if there is any way a scam can be made on honest folks some con man will think up a way  :P

One for comment and I am done … If these cons could spend their effort in doing it right, they could make good money just as well… done.

you are right Shamatso,
Though I had a pretty good idea this was Nigeria I fired it off to see for sure.

I’ll write it up to my monthly community service requirements and hope the Secrete Service hammers the clown.

so consider this your friendly public service announcement. ;D

TO ALL:

I just received one too: Here are the details: BEWARE they are lurking on this site:

OK,INTRODUCTION THIS IS VAN BEEK INVESTMENT’S,AND I AM MR VAN BEEK,
I HAVE BEEN IN THIS LENDING BUSINESS FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS,ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR LOAN YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME BACK COS I AM A PRIVATE LOAN LENDER,IT IS MY MONEY I AM LENDING OUT,THE PART STATED IN THE TERMS AND CONDITION,WHICH HAS TO DO WITH PREPAYMENT PERIOD MEANS THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO PAY ME BACK THE LOAN INTO MY BACK ACCOUNT AND ALSO YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR LOAN IN YOUR BANK ACCOUNT OK,
If you are ok reply me with the following details,

Full name:
state:
purpose of loan:
Personal or company loan:
valid phone number:
reply me me with this details so that we can continue .
you can call me on+2348029776026.
Regards.

MY REPLY: o.k. after I answer this what happens? What company is this and how long have you been in business? Who is the loan being paid back to? Below it just says Bank?

Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 1:25 PM
To: Palmer, Toskanelia [UCH]
Subject: Loan

I got your your mail ,
Well i can help you with the total loan amount of $20,000 but first i will like you to take a look at the loan terms and conditions.
(1)The beneficiary must be above 18 in age,
(2)The beneficiary must adhere to the loan repayment schedule,
(3)The beneficiary must adhere to the loan terms and conditions,
(4)The loan must be insured.
Repayment schedule
Loan amount :…$20,000
Interest rate (%):…5%
Loan term;… 5years(60Months)
Total interest :…$1000
Total loan payment :…$21000
Monthly instalment:…$350
Yearly instalment:… $4200
Additional monthly payment :…0
Pre-payment method:… Bank
transferPrepayment penalty:… No
Collateral Issuing Bank:… No
Guarantee collateral:… No
Application Fee:…None
Is the project government or private:… Private
If you are ok with the terms and conditions reply me with the
following
details,
Full name:
state:
purpose of loan:
Personal or company loan:
valid phone number:
reply me me with this details so that we can continue .
you can call me on+2348029776026.
Regards.

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. I am so agitated right now. Where are the angry smilies!!!

Toska Palmer
Chicago

The angry smilies are in the next page…under the smilies, it says “Showing 16 of 92” and under that it says “[Get More]”. The words “Get More” are a hyperlink to the rest of the smilies…

Keith

:cussing: :evil: :eviltongue: :mad: :anger:

Damn volumin,

I was getting 900K at 3%.

You need a better loan (scam) officer. ::slight_smile:

send all you email chain to the ss on the link above…nothing else to do. …maybe move to Nigeria.

why is it that when you are just trying to do good some one will come by and try stopping you just as these scamers are now trying with investors and hard money lenders is there some good hard money lenders who will work with a lousey credit person the type that just needs a hand up and not a disappoment and road block
speak up

Unfortuneatley, in the lending business as with any other business there is the potential for fraud. The offshore scams are amoung the largest. Stick with reputable U.S. companies and private funders that you know or that someone can recommend.

A good rule of thumb is:

Do they have an actual address?
Do they have a working phone number?
Do they have a website?
Do they have an email address?

Most Banks, Hard Money Lenders, Private Equity funders and the like have all of the above - (maybe not the website though). Do your homework.

If it walks like a duck and quaks like a duck chances are its not a snake. ;D