getting started

Hi everyone,
I’m very interested in Real Estate Investing, I just don’t exactly know how to get started. I have a full time salary job as a construction engineer which I hate and I’d love to work on my own. The problem is is that I don’t know how I can quit my job and afford to take a pay cut until I could actually create some cash flow.

I currently make $62K and w/ all my expenses (mortgage payment, car, school loans etc) I only have a few hundred bucks at the end of the month. Although Massachusetts is an expensive state to live in it seems as though there must be a way out. I feel trapped!!

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can still pay my monthly expenses and quit my full time job? Maybe I am being unrealistic but there must be a way out.

Respectfully,

Jeff

its possible but its not going to happen overnight.
learn about real estate. maybe you can make it your way out. before wasting money on expensive bootcamps read every real estate book in your local library and bookstore.
read every post on this message board and others like this one.
it might take you even a year before you do your first deal but don’t give up. find your niche, be it rehabbing, sandwich leases or even just regular buy and hold. whatever you do, you’ll probably need the income your job provides for a little longer.
you can do it but you must be willing to put in the effort.

Thank you. I realize that nothing is a quick fix and right now I can only do my homework so I can be ready to invest when the right time comes and i’m less in debt.

Thanks again.