Getting real estate license & investing - Austin TX area

Does anyone work as a real estate agent or salesperson & into REI on the side??

I am relocating to the Austin TX area and planning on getting my real estate license and working full time.

Are many people also involved in REI on the side?? and does it help if you have your real estate license??

How hard is it to get financing since as a real estate agent you are technically an independent contractor??

Hi,

Glad to hear someone else is planning to relocate to austin. I am planning that too ( from california ). Are you going to be a full time realtor or investor or both? I am a software engineer. I don't know how hard to find a job over there. Hope we can share some knowledge on this issue. 

Also, it would be great if someone living in austin can share some of the info about the city and life over there. For me, summer hot weather is one chanlllenge. What else do i need to concern? Thanks!

Dennis

Once I pass the TX exam, I plan on working in real estate full time and then getting into Real Estate Investing.

I have more than a years salary saved to make the move from NYC and get started.

I’m not a realtor but work on the other side of the transaction as a mortgage broker…the realtor licensing agency’s home page is :http://www.trec.state.tx.us/.

Have some killer programs for investment or owner occupied; residential or commercial.

“Are many people also involved in REI on the side?? and does it help if you have your real estate license??”

Can you think of any other profession that would have a higher ratio of its members investing?

The lending community may closely follow, but I know far more agent/investors than I know lender/investors.

Stands to reason…agents see the oppurtunities first & in much greater volume.

How hard is it to get financing since as a real estate agent you are technically an independent contractor??

Depends…

how successful one is, and…

how timely they’ve paid their bills (credit rating).

You walk into a lender with a credit score of 720 or better, a respectable income, and you can qualify for just about any loan out there.

-Infowell