Ok, so still kinda new to the flipping. If I purchase a property and technically flip it and make in the area of about $10,000 would it be better to keep that equity in my pocket in the form of a 1031 exchange or claim the capital gains on it and go from there? Or are there other alternatives that Im not thinking of. Would love any advice thats out there.

Andrew ;D

If you buy a property and resell it in less than a year, you can do neither. You must claim it as ordinary income and it will be taxed at your rate depending upong your other income.