First Direct Mail Campaign-What to Do?

Everyone,

I’m currently trying to plan out my first direct mail marketing campaign and was hoping for your help and opinions on it. I will be mailing out 1,000 pieces. I plan to follow up with this group 3-4 more times every 2-3 weeks. My goal is to wholesale the properties after getting them under contract.

The areas I’m thinking of marketing to are:
-FSBO
-NOO
-FRBO
-Probate
-Expired Listings

What method in your opinion and experience do you think is best to start with? I know markets and specific areas play into it but it you had to pick one which one would it be?

As far as using a vendor to print and mail my postcards I was debating between vistaprint, click2mail, and the USPS. What are you thoughts and opinions on who to use?

Thanks for your help and insight!

-Mike

Mike

Hands down use click2mail.

Absentee (NOO) is probably one of the better ones.

If you seek out equity why not target property owners that have owned there home longer than 15 years.

get the list at wwwDOTlistsourceDOTcom

JR,

Thanks for your time to give input. Yes I have heard good things about Click2Mail as well. Their pricing is very competitive, options like merging, and designing…ect are very useful.

Ok well I think I am going to use Click2Mail as my mail service. They have some pretty easy options to upload my list and design and a very competitive price.

Ok so back to the niche?

The areas I’m thinking of marketing to are:
-FSBO
-NOO
-FRBO
-Probate
-Expired Listings

What would you go with? Throw out the variables like list size, zip code…ect. If it was all even what niche would you put 1,000 post cards into?

Thanks for your input!

-Mike

what benefits does click2mail have over usps etc.?

Click2mail is a subcontractor of USPS.com

Now to the niche

It is a good list. My only concern is are you going to get the list. Probate, Expireds and NOO are easy to get. FSBO, FRBO are going to be harder unless you have someone driving the Hood for you. Which is not too bad if you are in a tight area for your marketing.

I personally had stopped mailing to FSBO almost 10 years ago.

My list really boils down to these:

Notice of default
OO and NOO that have been owed for at least 15 years or longer.

That is all I mail to.

Plus the follow up I do with greeting cards.

John and Jr thank you for taking the time to reply back. I’m really stuck on deciding which area to market to.

Right now the best choices I have found for my printing and mailing are:
-Click2Mail
-GotPrint.net

My next dilemma will be to go with:
-Post Cards
or
-Yellow Letters

Yes a list to mail to like these I’m considering:
-NOO
-Owners with equity based on time at property
-Probate (Damn Preston Ely got me thinking of these)

I have done a lot of research on methods, techniques…ect.

As this is my first mailing with not a lot of money I don’t want to bust. I want to find a good list provider and target to hit and follow up on consistently. I know that many will say you can have success with every target niche if you market it right. I guess I’m at a point of over analyzing to make the best decision to increase the chance of response and success from a monetary and confidence point of view.

If you were in my shoes as a new wholesaler and had to pick one area to market to based on the pros and cons that are their what would be your choice?

-Mike

NOO & OO 15 years or longer. Houses built from 1940 to 1990

PRO…properties may need updating
PRO properties may be free and clear or have lots of equity

CON’S
Must do large numbers of mailing.
Not as many motivated sellers

Thanks Jr.

NOO are a definite area I’m considering. Anyone else have some feedback on the NOO, Probate, FSBO…areas?

-Mike

Okay so I have decided to use Click2Mail to mail my postcards. I have also decided to use listsource to get my mailing lists from.

List:
-NOO with equity

Now still the undecided:

-Still working on post card script. (do you think one or two sided?)
I know to hit on the owners pain and how I can relieve it. What suggestions do you have or have used with success?

Thanks!
-Mike

What are your opinions?

-White or Yellow card stock?

Hi
Yes I agree with you. I have heard good things about Click2Mail as well. Their pricing is very competitive, options like merging, and designing…ect are very useful.
Thanks!!!