finding foreclosures in the first stage

How would someone find a foreclosure as soon as the lawyer submits it to the court? I find them in the news paper and the property always has about 2 or 3 weeks before it sells on the court house steps. How do you find it in the early stages?

You mean find FCLs prior to the notice of default being published???

Put ads in the paper like:
BEHIND ON HOUSE PAYMENTS??
I’LL TRADE YOUR MORTGAGE PAYMENTS FOR CASH$$$$CALL ME YESTEREDAY!!!
or something along those lines you get the point. Most will want to refi thinking you are a broker. This is where your skills of persuasion comes in. Build up some trust with them, then find out the numbers, then go from there. Don’t be one of those goofs with an answering machine either. You will miss deals then.

Put the ad in the real estate for sale section. And if your newspaper divdes up by area, make sure it is in the area you are most familiar with and willing to buy in. If they need to sale fast, chances are they are checking to see what prices are in their neighborhood. I don’t think that many people read the real estate wanted sections. Just my opinion.

Good old fashioned house hunting. Drive around, ride a bike around, keep your eyes open for vacant properties! Then do some detective work.