Finding Comps

I’m trying to figure out how to find the price that homes near me have sold at. Is there an easy way to do this? Is this information on file with the County? My County does have a website to access assessed values of property, but I don’t believe it’s updated directly after a sale. Help!
Thank you!!

You could find a local realtor and ask them to run comps. Otherwise I believe there are some online places that do that. Maybe you could run a google search on comps. Good luck!

ask a realtor to produce a saleable list of the area. This is a list of what has been sold rather than what is being sold - big difference.

or you can go to online services for a fee such as propertyshark. i just don’t know how accurate they are.

Thanks for the help. Do Realtors normally charge a fee for this list? Also, is this based off of MLS or would they also have access to FSBO sales?

Thanks again!

I asked a realtor here in my area to run comps on a rehab deal and she said that I would have to sign an agreement with her on that specific house if I were to buy it I would go through her. Plus pay her 3%. To run comps? I don’t think so. Just my two cents

On www.domania.com you can run your own comps. Now their records aren’t the most thorough but they will give you a general idea of what houses are going for in a certain neighborhood or on a certain street. The info on those houses is limited but enough if you know what you’re looking for.

I use it all the time. If the comps look good through that lens, then I will go to my realtor and have him run comps on the system he has access too. Although they always say the same thing, I get a more specific idea of what I’m looking at.

And about the agent who wanted to drag you into a buyers agreement… there are a lot of realtor who won’t ball and chain you to those things. You need to find an agent who is knowledgable enough to be useful but hungry enough to need your business.

hope this helps :slight_smile: